OEDIPUS DECKS, DONCASTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEDIPUS DECKS, DONCASTER

I am now in the fortunate position of having a venue in Doncaster where VG+’ers can convene to spin a few records (and yarns). The genius of this venue is that it is not some tatty old pub or working man’s club but, rather, an actual brewery, so it seems only right and proper that I should try and organise some sort of piss up in it.

There’s no Northern Brillo planned for Leeds until at least Summer 2015, so who would be up for something in March/April time? We have decks (courtesy of Jon e3sa934), we have glamour (courtesy of Eine), we have a projector (the room also serves as a cinema), we have beer (did I mention it was over a brewery?) and we all have records, some of them quite good.

Doncaster is amazingly easy to get to, as it is bang in the centre of the UK road and rail network. It even has an airport. There really is no excuse not to come, unless it’s personal. Is it personal? Because I can change.

Let me know what you think, whether you'd like to come and when's good for you and we can make this happen.

Cheers!

Paul
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Looks a decent set up..! Donny is straight up the A1 for me, so could be do-able depending upon the choice of dates... I have this thing called "work" that seems to fuck up all my best plans...

EDIT: can we have a rethink on the flyer. Even I'm scared, and I know what the plan is.
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

A piss up in a brewery eh?...... what could possibly go wrong?....and quite handy for the Danum Hotel (or the station if it goes really badly...) Put me down as 'mildly interested' for now...
      you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen, I'll pencil you in. Sie, that's not the real poster, just a draft. I'm thinking of placing the severed head on a James Last record.

Comment

I'm gonna be a total punk at this gig.

(Is it Sunday afternoons?)
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Liking the brewery-centric approach here.

Just thinking that late March / early April will be school Easter holidays - I'd have a better chance of making it to an early March or late April event.

Comment

looks cool matey - I would be up for a visit
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

ACE, two more on the list About time we met in person.

Comment

long overdue Paul
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Well, I've checked my diary for March/April time and it seems it's still completely empty...interest level duly raised from 'mild' to 'stout'...
                    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

That poster is going to drag the punters in for sure

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Well, that's what it's all about.

Comment

I might be up for this GK, depending on dates and holidays. Sounds like fun.
                          Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Working...
                          X