Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IdleRich (that's me!) guest on NTS - Alien Jams Show on Sun 15th Feb 17.00 - 1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IdleRich (that's me!) guest on NTS - Alien Jams Show on Sun 15th Feb 17.00 - 1800

Alien Jams started as a show on London’s NTS Radio in 2011. Presented by Chloe Frieda, it’s a collection of sonic obscurities, digging deep into early electronics, while showcasing present day experimentation. As the radio show continues its weekly broadcast, Alien Jams became a record label in 2014. Catch the Alien Jams show every Sunday on NTS from 5-6pm (GMT), often including guest mixes, and a series of live gigs and club nights.

This Sunday, I will be coming in to chat to Chloe and play loads of dark electronic music and... well, that's it actually. Me, Chloe, dark music on NTS Radio. Sunday. At five in the afternoon.

Actually, I should say that I'm going to play mainly EBM type stuff. Or what I think of as EBM, which might be slightly different from what most people call EBM. And it probably won't be that the majority of records will be EBM, it's just that if you split the records into categories, the largest minority will be EBM, or what I call EBM (which, to recap, may not be the same as what the majority of people who like EBM call EBM), so maybe that doesn't count as mainly EBM, hope that's clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
      Actually, I should say that I'm going to play mainly EBM type stuff. Or what I think of as EBM, which might be slightly different from what most people call EBM. And it probably won't be that the majority of records will be EBM, it's just that if you split the records into categories, the largest minority will be EBM, or what I call EBM (which, to recap, may not be the same as what the majority of people who like EBM call EBM), so maybe that doesn't count as mainly EBM, hope that's clear.
      Crystal!

Looking forward to it.
      Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
        Crystal. One question: what's EBM?
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

EBM is an all-conquering blend of everything that is bad in dance-music, championed by the likes of that twat who throws cakes and loads of other pretend djs. I think that's right.

Comment

I'm in!
            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Did anyone listen? It seems that there was some kind of cock-up and for the first ten minutes they just broadcast the NTS jingle repeatedly. So if you managed to stick it through that and actually make it to the parts when they broadcast me - well done! And thanks. I think that when it goes up online (hopefully tomorrow) then the whole show will be there.

Comment

I did - came in about halfway through so I didn't notice any technical difficulties.
                "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

OK, you can hear the whole show here, it seems that the whole thing recorded properly so you don't get ten minutes of jingle instead of me I'm afraid

https://www.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/al...february-2015/

Dan, wasn't there a song you wanted to know about? Which one?

Comment

Working...
                  X