DJ Greg Belson European Tour 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Greg Belson European Tour 2015

I'm excited to announce my European Tour dates of 2015....really looking forward to seeing old friends, and making new acquaintances around the UK, as well as Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Italy. There's still a few details that need to be confirmed, but I'll amend the flyer as and when I receive the news. Kicking off on 12th June, drop by one of these places (including a few festivals this year), and let's hang out. Would be grand to see you on a dancefloor in your town!

Last edited by Belson; 02-09-2015, 03:40 PM.

Here are all the details for the first night of my tour....remembering one of our own, who passed away so suddenly in December 2014. Come along and pay your respects, and join together as we share the moments we had with Miss Erica Dove.

This coming Sunday 14th June, I'll be Bristol bound for the first time on this tour, joining the freshly crowned 'Soulero of the West Coast', Mr Tommy Charles at his killer event 'Slow 'n' Low'. Low rider sweet soul harmonies, vocal symphonies, wrist slashin' beat laden slow soul tunes all played on original 45's......swing by the Love Inn and hear the East Side of Los Angeles fill the air of the West Side of England.

The Love Inn
    84 Stokes Croft
    Bristol
    BS1 3QY
    Kick-off @ 9pm, til 12 midnight.

Comment

Arguably the only event in the UK that specifically plays 'Slow 'n' Low' sweet soul harmony records all night long. Thanks so much to Tommy Charles for having me play again.....if you're ever in the Bristol locale and you want to hear something intensely different, then check out this fabulous session. It's a best kept secret, f'sure. Here's what I played yesterday, over two sets. Cheers!

Slow ‘n’ Low 14th June 2015 – DJ Greg Belson set.

Set One

Connie McGill & the Visions ‘Peace of mind’ (Triode)
      The Vigilights ‘Lonely journey’ (No Label)
      Reuben Bell with the Casanovas ‘It’s not that easy’ (Murco)
      The Invaders ‘O Lord’ (Da Gail)
      Fabulous LB’s ‘I need Jesus to walk with me’ (L.B.)
      Odds Against Tomorrow ‘Point of no return’ (Sweet As)
      James Bynum ‘We are in need’ (E.D.C.)
      The Fabulous God’s Creation ‘Free ride’ (Hummingbird)
      The Inspirational Gospel Singers ‘The same thing it took’ (Fine)
      The Singing Stars ‘Wait on Jesus’ (Ebony)
      Vivian Hill ‘Turn on your love light’ (S.B.I.)
      Zilla Mayes ‘All I want is you’ (Tou-Sea)
      Rev. Harvey Gates ‘Price of love’ (Acquarian)
      Willie Dale ‘Somebody help me’ (Lovie D.)
      Jeri & Joe ‘Cold cold love’ (Womar)
      Naomi Bradly ‘Why not tonight’ (Big Beat)
      Louis (Blues Boy) Jones ‘I cried’ (Sabra)

Set Two

The Gospel Angelics ‘We are children (True Gospel)
      Barbara Mason ‘Half a love’ (Arctic)
      James Reese and the Progressions ‘He’ll never go’ (Najma)
      New Holidays ‘Maybe so maybe no’ (Soulhawk)
      Little Chris & the Righteous Singers ‘I thank you Lord’ (Skyway)
      Apaches ‘Just another lazy day’ (Big 8)
      The Vibrations ‘Remember the rain’ (Okeh)
      Eveready Singers ‘Keep on praying’ (Memorial)
      G.C.’s ‘Let us pray’ (Spectrum)
      The Valdons ‘Love me, leave me’ (Twin City Movement)
      The Mighty Chosen Sons of Alabama ‘Stay with God’ (Rising Star)
      United Sounds ‘And when it’s over’ (United)
      Bill Murphy & Mistery ‘Praise his name’ (Spirit Records, Inc.)
      Herman Harris & the Voices of Faith, Hope & Love ‘Give yourself to Jesus’ (V.F.H.L.)
      New Way ‘Holding on’ (Prestige)
      Rev. Robert Welch & the Gospel Twilight Singers of Alabama ‘He holds tomorrow’ (Champ)
      The Supreme Jubilees ‘It’ll all be over’ (S&K)

Comment

This weekends set of gigs....Friday night it's a hike to Manchester for the 3rd Anniversary of the much lauded Black Bee Soul Club....it's my first time treading the hallowed boards of this soulful hive, so I can't wait to get my teeth stuck in....heavy duty rare 45's all the way. Then Saturday, it's a rumble down to the smoke where I've just been added to the 'Teen Scene Alldayer', alongside a selection of revered collectors across Europe. Rarities and a few r&b classics will be the order of the day, so come get your fix....5pm is my set time. Yet another smashin' weekend of soulin' for your consideration.

Comment

The drive from London to Manchester wasn't the joliest....3 lorries crashed on the M25, making the journey somewhat rubbish. After I arrived at the DJ pad though, all o'that went out of the window. I'd heard great things about the Black Bee Soul Club, so I was chomping at the bit to get things crackin'. Thanks so much to the BB crew for their great hospitality, and for throwing one of the key nights in the rare soul scene. Great venue, on target sound system, and a crowd that wanted to hear new music instead of the tried and trusted also rans. I played a whole bunch of new additions to the box, including a coupla things that made their UK debut, so it was awesome to see the dancefloor explode, and for folk to rush the decks. Cap doffed, kind sirs of The Hive.....magnificent.

Here's my set starter, for those that were curious.

Comment

Excellent tune Mr B - thanks for that (and the shows you've been diligently posting up) - totally outside my usual frame of reference, but perhaps more refreshing because of it - shame I couldn't pop down on Friday, hope it went well and good luck with the tour fella...
            you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
              Excellent tune Mr B - thanks for that (and the shows you've been diligently posting up) - totally outside my usual frame of reference, but perhaps more refreshing because of it - shame I couldn't pop down on Friday, hope it went well and good luck with the tour fella...
              Cheers for the words, mate....much appreciated. Kraak's a nice venue, with a decent PA....I'll be back next year, f'sure. Thanks for the tour wishes!

Comment

In just two days time, dublab will be hosting the second in a series of Gospel Soundclashes.....please join me on Wednesday 24th June @ 2pm US PST (10pm UK time) as I welcome from Virginia, DJ Aaron Bushman into the studio. Once again, we delve into the collection of those who dig a littler deeper into the gospel racks, and discover these long lost treasures, finally documenting artists that have gone unrecognized for too long. This two hour special will feature a back to back session of one hour from each of the DJ's playing nothing but 45's, harking back to 'soundclash' territory. Vote with your ears or just sit back and embrace the music, whilst we present to you 120 minutes of music you might not have heard before. This is the second in an intermittent 'Soundclash' series.....more DJ's to follow, so keep 'em peeled. Cheers!

Comment

Here's the full line-up for this years NYC Downlow stage in the Block 9 field at this years Glastonbury Festival.....heavy, heavy duty. 100% gospel disco from me kicking off on Thursday @ 8pm sharp, so claim your space in the most insane set of venues Glasto has to offer. What a killer weekend ahead!

Comment

Woke up this morning to a nice, lovely shower and scrubbed off the last of the Pilton countryside that came home with me. Glastonbury 2015 delivered on every level....just an amazing few days.....I need to say thanks so much to the Block 9 crew and the Da Nycdownlow for having me play for them. Just the most perfect sound system for a DJ to play on, bringing the gospel disco beats well and truly to life. A stage of what seemed like 1,000's of dancin' folk right there with you in the sweatiest club setting outside of the Bronx in '77.....just so on point. Here's my set starter, the tune that started the whole weekend off for the Downlow massive. The smiles were there from the get go.....a beautiful club session, run by beautiful people.

Comment

A fine way to start a set, will try to make one of the London dates.

Comment

Hastings this Friday - who's going?

Comment

Onwards to the weekend and here's where I'll be on Friday and Saturday....kicking it all off with a selection of righteous dusties from the known to unknown soul, funk & r&b 45's @ The General Havelock, Hastings. We'll be running from 8pm onwards so come along and get with this very cool bar, under new management, and definitely going places on the south coast. Then on Saturday, it's the Big Bristol Bash....Go Go Children's first all-nighter, and it promises to be a cracker. This one's a SELL OUT so if you don't already have tickets, then sorry, you're out of luck....musically,this is gonna be a bit good, like. Seriously.

Comment

The weekends set of gigs brought practically euphoric highs mixed with health issue lows resulting in a much needed bout of Sunday downtime….but not without having a mahoosive smile on my face. Friday night at the Havelock was epic…..a bar under brand new management, looking to shake up the seaside town a tad with some quality music sessions. And yeah, it’s a venue worth seeking out….quality space and for those of you that feel like dancin’ a great wooden dancefloor too. The fast food grab-a-bite option before the gig though was not a good option. For the first hour or so of my 4 hour set, I was fighting the colly wobbles……still, fast food should never be an option in the first place, right kids!? Still, check out this great establishment if you're in the locale.....a great space to just have a bevvy, no matter what the occasion.

After the 5 hour car journey eastwards, it was time to get serious for the first Go Go Children Allnighter….and what a session it was. Musically, it was off the chain…..some pearlers were played in particular by Callum Simpson in his second set (Junius Bugs Hughes sounded so big on that system), and Des Parker delivered some new nuggets to my ears. If I had to pick the light shining moment though, it was George Mahood playing my number one gospel want (sorry kids, can’t tell you what that is yet, until I find a copy!) Everyone stepped up to the plate for what was a proper hoedown of quality music….sadly for me, the 4 hours on my feet the night before brought back the revenge of my Glastonbury toe, (big blisters ahoy!), and I spent most of the night, sat around just absorbing. Apologies to all for not being my usual spritely self….but trust me, inside my soul was dancin’. An amazing session, and one of the top UK soul clubs, without a shadow of doubt......to Nicci, John & Dean...thanks so much for inviting me to play this fantastic, landmark night. Wonderous.

Comment

Here are the next series of back-to-back gigs, making for a long weekend of soul covering a few corners of my record box. Starting with the Immaculately concepted 'Soul Slice' @ Farr's School of Dancing In London town on Thursday 9th July with my learned friend Mr James Pogson. Gospel disco and modern soul sides will be the order of the day, as requested by the boss man. Then it's off to Leeds on Friday for another sparkling 'Empty Bottles' session @ Santiago's, breaking out the heavy hitting 60's raw soul leviathans for all your dancing needs. Saturday it's a jaunt to the South West and a 4pm start joining the 'Seriously Soulful' crew @ The Bristol FRINGE Cafe-Bar for an exquisite session of rare modern and 70's based soul. And then Sunday, I'll be staying in the Bristol locale and returning to The Love Inn for another sweet soul, heavy vocal harmony night @ Slow & Low: Greg Belson (L.A.) Round II, resident DJ Tommy Charles presiding. It's gonna be one epic journey, no doubt....why not join us.

Comment

Working...
                              X