• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Carpenter live Halloween shows London/Manchester

https://www.atpfestival.com/events/news/1511191555

Powerful.
    http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Gigs have finally come around. Anyone been or going to the Troxy dates?

Went to the Liverpool and Manchester gigs- no spoilers but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you're a Carpenter fan (let's face it- who thought he'd ever tour!?). However, it was definitely a game of two halves with the gigs. The sound in Liverpool was great and we managed to get a prime spot near the front with seconds to spare (without deliberately getting in anyone's way, which is almost unheard of at any gig) whilst the manchester gig was a bit of a mess.

I thought Victoria warehouse would be a great setting but, as a result of merging two dates from a smaller venue and having 5,000 capacity (as opposed to the 'intimate' 1,500 or so at Liverpool) it was hideous trying to get anywhere near the main room to the extent that a lot of disgruntled punters stayed in the bar area, where the sound was woeful. Having got the tickets on the day of release, I felt for the peeps who must've felt short-changed by the situation. Don't know what the Troxy is like but get there early if you want the full effect!
    Light surface marks, sleeve is torn near centre of opening (due to rough removal of disk by a moron)

Comment

I'm going - Troxy should be fine - big theatre / cinema type space... but will try to get a good spot!
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I saw the show in Copenhagen (in the Koncerthus at the University) at the end of May ... lovely venue and superb sound ...

Here's what we heard - mix of OST tracks and 'solo album' tracks:

1. Escape From New York: Main Title
        2. Assault on Precinct 13: Main Title
        3. Vortex
        4. Mystery
        5. The Fog: Main Title Theme
        6. They Live: Coming to L.A.
        7. The Thing: Main Theme - Desolation
        8. Distant Dream
        9. Big Trouble in Little China: Pork Chop Express
        10. Wraith
        11. Night
        12. Halloween Theme - Main Title
        13. In the Mouth of Madness: In the Mouth of Madness
        14. Prince of Darkness: Darkness Begins
        15. Virtual Survivor
        16. Purgatory
        17. Christine: Christine Attacks (Plymouth Fury)
        OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Working...
        X