Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheffield O2 Academy, 5 March 2016: Wet Nun, Wolf People, Baba Naga, Sievehead & more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheffield O2 Academy, 5 March 2016: Wet Nun, Wolf People, Baba Naga, Sievehead & more

This gig is a Memorial gig for the late Alexis Gotts, formerly one half of Sheffield band Wet Nuns.

The Nuns supported Wolf People on their Sheffield debut, and also organised Detestival, at which Wolf People headlined.

All funds will go to charity: the blurb from FB follows. I'd be happy to put up any Plussers who fancy travelling for this event, just give me a nudge in advance!

Saturday 5th March 2016: Peartree Productions Presents -
    WET NUN & Guests (Alexis Gotts Memorial Gig)

WET NUN (Rob Graham, Ross Orton & Guests play the music of Wet Nuns)
    Wolf People
    Baba Naga
    Sievehead
    & Special Guests tbc.

TICKETS £10.00 NOW ON SALE from Ticketweb: http://bit.ly/WetNshef
    Www.Partyforthepeople.org.uk
    O2 Academy Box Office
    + Syd & Mallory's Devonshire St, Porter Cottage Sharrow, & Picture House Social Abbeydale Road (no bf)

Statement from Rob:
    "It's been over a year since the world lost Alexis Gotts. Obviously its been a hard time and its taken a while to get round to a point where I can start doing something for him and for a those who lost him, in his memory or whatever. But that time has now come.

Me and a few pals have decided to put together a memorial gig in Sheffield on the 5th of March 2016.

As well as a bunch of awesome bands and hopefully some serious partying, this occasion will be an opportunity for a whole bunch of people to get together in a room and celebrate the life of a stellar guy who affected a lot of people during his time with us. Added to that we hope to raise a ton of money for a couple of charities we know Alexis would have approved of.

There's still a long way to go in raising awareness concerning mental health issues and preventing suicide. Through this event we can contribute to helping people who are going through similar struggles to those that Alexis suffered.

The entire ticket price goes to charity. NO ONE is making any money from the event aside from covering costs.

I hope everyone that should and wants to be there can be. This includes obviously people that knew my friend Alexis and also those who didn't too. All are welcome.
    Let's make the daft fucker proud.
    Just like he did for us.

Love. Rob.”
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Looking forward to this :-)
    www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X