Vinyl Night - The Franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Night - The Franchise

Been meaning to post about this for a while now.

Me and Mrs. DownHeavy have been organising a Vinyl Night in our town (Penryn, Cornwall) for a little while now. It goes a bit like this. We pin down a date at our local coffee shop, set up a facebook event page and announce(d) a theme. The coffee shop buys in a keg of beer from a friend who has recently set up a brewery (Verdant... very nice). People show up with a small selection of vinyl that somehow meets the theme, sign up on a board, drink beer or coffee play a few songs, listen to other peoples songs (who are carefully queued up via the board) until we run out of beer or hit around 100 songs. During this we pick a theme for the next one, I write up the playlist and post it to the event page, set up a new one and away we go. People post songs that they may or may not play on the night on the event page... So far we've had as themes - cover versions, colours, names, Halloween, time and this month - body parts. (Mrs Downheavy will be playing The Chiffons 'My Boyfriend's Back')

It's been surprisingly successful and a wonderful way to tolerate other people's records. We're full to capacity at the coffee shop but we don't want to move/expand so we're just going to pick harder themes

event page is here if you want to have a look (or bombard us with your choices!) You'll note that VG+'s very own Melter is on there and always plays a blinder.

Originally posted by Deep Down Heavy View Post
    Been meaning to post about this for a while now.

(Mrs Downheavy will be playing The Chiffons 'My Boyfriend's Back')
    It's prefer The Angels version, but this made me laugh heartily. Contains one of my fave couplets 'yay, he knows I wasn't cheating, now you're gonna get a beating'
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
      It's prefer The Angels version, but this made me laugh heartily. Contains one of my fave couplets 'yay, he knows I wasn't cheating, now you're gonna get a beating'
      Finally, this forum's responsible for Mrs Downheavy spending money rather than me. A really nice version.

There's probably a thread in there about unintentional body part songs...

Comment

Have fun, sounds like a hoot
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
        X