Roky erickson plays elevators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roky erickson plays elevators

13th April, The Forum, Roky's back in town, this time playing the tunes we hoped he would play on his previous visits
    Too good to miss for Mrs Treeboy & I. Booked. Theres a seated upstairs option! Whaaaaaat?
    Excited.

https://www.atpfestival.com/newsview/1602111510
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

U devil - wish I had a ticket for that - I feel robbed on this one - he plays a matinee show (3pm) in Amsterdam the Sunday of the Utrecht record fair in April - on the other hand it should thin the psych buyers out a bit ;-)
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

thanks for the heads up! ticket booked...
      OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Usual Forum rubbishy sound. The man came, he played Elevators songs, I went home buzzing.
        Good to meet up with e3sa934 for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
          Usual Forum rubbishy sound. The man came, he played Elevators songs, I went home buzzing.
          Good to meet up with e3sa934 for the first time.
          We were standing by the mixing desk ... hopefully we would have got the best sound mix!!! Decent view, anyway...

OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Didn't know any VG+ peeps were going- if you were stood in front of the desk, I may have inadvertently bumped into you during 'Levitation'. If you were behind it, I may have sprung up behind you singing 'Two Headed Dog' during the encore. For these crimes, I apologise profusely ;-)
            Light surface marks, sleeve is torn near centre of opening (due to rough removal of disk by a moron)

Comment

Behind the desk, hanging on lest we got Levitated Good encore don't you think? I actually thought Roky shone a bit more in that number.I'm amazed he remembered(most of) the words to Slip Inside This House. The band were pretty accommodating, as they would have to be. I'm still digesting what I saw last night. Something pretty close to a longtime wish answered. Still amazed he's here with us to do it. Did you enjoy the show as a whole Papa?
              Didn't go a lot on Younghusband, missed the 1st band.

Comment

Have seen Roky with the Explosives a couple of times but have always wanted him to play an Elevators set so well happy it's happened (never thought I'd ever hear him do Dr Doom- big highlight for me!!). Although the shrieks have gone, I thought he was in fine voice throughout. Did the band mess 'the third part of 'Slip' or was that Roky? Seemed to me like it was the band who lost their way, not the other way round and then Roky stumbled a little over the lyrics after that?

The funny thing is, I was texting a mate who couldn't make it in the end, saying I had Two Headed Dog rattling round my head all day and what a shame he wasn't going to play it so the encore couldn't have worked out better for me
                Light surface marks, sleeve is torn near centre of opening (due to rough removal of disk by a moron)

Comment

What a touch! I hope he does come back with more Explosives type shows, we've seen most of the London ones and they certainly "rock". Kind of feel like I've drawn a line under something (I don't quite know what!) seeing that show. Let's just say I feel content

Comment

Working...
                  X