Mystery Lights UK dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Lights UK dates

Absolutely blown away by Daptones' garage band last night at The Shacklewell Arms. Went with Mrs Treeboy & a mate and we all agreed that was the best thing we have seen in a very long time. Forget your paisley shirted, deerstalker-wearing, look the part types, THIS is the real deal IMO. Absolutely blew the roof off the place. One more UK gig tonight in Brighton, then they go back to New York. Sorely tempted to go tonight too, but I'm too old for a late night followed by a hard day, then a big drive down to the coast. Not too old to recognise a top drawer live act when I see one though If you are in that neck of the woods and are remotely interested in garage/psych, get down to The Hope & Ruin in Brighton, you'll thank me afterwards.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Dammit, I left Brighton this morning... the Hope & Ruin is tiny!!
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Next time Jon Thoroughly recommend them. Still reliving it in my minds eye. Shacklewell Arms is pretty small too, we were practically on top of the band. Fuzz absorption by osmosis Encore was Dance This Mess Around (B52s) ML style, just superb. Can't wait for a return visit. Until then, new (1st) lp on pre-order with a limited flexi at the moment! Woohoo!

Comment

Heard these guys on the Huey show a couple of weeks ago, sounded good mate, but sounds like they're even better live!
        The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
        Vault mint

Comment

I've only got the one 45 to go on AW, but even that had new life breathed into it live. So yes, I think you are probably right.

Comment

Working...
          X