Easy Listening All-Stars: Xmas Kick-Off: Tuesday 6th December: 100 Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Listening All-Stars: Xmas Kick-Off: Tuesday 6th December: 100 Club

Anyone else IN for this? (SirSlim? Pitch?)
    Mike Flowers Pops, Lorraine Bowen, Count Indigo, Lenny Biege, Martin Green, Karminsky Experience.....phew! What a line-up. And never all in one place at one time before.

I'm going with camera to snap 1000s of the usual blurry shite photos in the hope at least one photo comes out OK. Father Xmas needs to bring me a dedicated flash.

See you there?
    x
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

http://www.seetickets.com/event/easy...0-club/1033800

Link to ticket place.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Picked the wrong week to go away....... looks amazing - and I'll be thinking of you while lying next to the pool.
      I do hope it's as fun as it is on paper - and can you tell them all to do it again next year!!
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

If I were local for sure.
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
          Anyone else IN for this? (SirSlim? Pitch?)
          Mike Flowers Pops, Lorraine Bowen, Count Indigo, Lenny Biege, Martin Green, Karminsky Experience.....phew! What a line-up. And never all in one place at one time before.

I'm going with camera to snap 1000s of the usual blurry shite photos in the hope at least one photo comes out OK. Father Xmas needs to bring me a dedicated flash.

See you there?
          x
          I don't think the 100 Club is quite the right setting for a lounge night?

And for me personally - the 100 Club is too tied up with 1977, rubbing shoulders with Poly Styrene at the bar, reggae and dodging Ari Up's flailing arms on the dance floor to the sounds of the mighty Silver Camel Sound System.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

And for me personally - the 100 Club is too tied up with 1977, rubbing shoulders with Poly Styrene at the bar, reggae and dodging Ari Up's flailing arms on the dance floor to the sounds of the mighty Silver Camel Sound System.
            I hear you on the venue but I suspect velvet drapes, spangly curtains and cocktail tables will be thrown in to rustle up the Bethnal Green Social Club /Wheeltappers and Shunters vibe.

Im looking forward to hassling all and sundry to speak at me in the British Library studio next year...(you kick-started a major project Mr Amat...12 chalked up already!)

Comment

I hear you on the venue but I suspect velvet drapes, spangly curtains and cocktail tables will be thrown in to rustle up the Bethnal Green Social Club /Wheeltappers and Shunters vibe.

They should've gone for the Rivoli Ballroom as the venue!

Setting for all the best Club Montepulciano nights...

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                ...was the wrong question.

It was less a 'lounge night' but more a celebration, or perhaps a reminder, that the EZ scene was fun, funny and cabaret-filled. All performers were on tip-top form and Lenny Beige's narratives between acts were filled with references to then and now, name-checking Club Montepulciano, Indigo's, Smashing etc...

I was not there back in the day but loved the 'fuck it, let's party like its 1994' atmosphere of this night. Fun, fun, fun.

Will post pics up here at some point.

Comment

...was the wrong question.

It was less a 'lounge night' but more a celebration, or perhaps a reminder, that the EZ scene was fun, funny and cabaret-filled. All performers were on tip-top form and Lenny Beige's narratives between acts were filled with references to then and now, name-checking Club Montepulciano, Indigo's, Smashing etc...

I was not there back in the day but loved the 'fuck it, let's party like its 1994' atmosphere of this night. Fun, fun, fun.

Will post pics up here at some point.
                  I'm well known for asking the wrong question Ian...

I didn't doubt for a moment that everyone would be on top form - especially Mr. Beige - I still remember the amazing turns he did at Club M.

Look forward to seeing your snaps of the night

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X