No announcement yet.

May 6th Brooklyn: Wait, more badness??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 6th Brooklyn: Wait, more badness??

Yup.

For 2 years, me and a rotating cast of about 30 DJs, 11 bands, and dozens of hangovers have been providing funky rare grooves for the Futurefunk Sessions massive massive, which includes, among others, all the people who walked in by accident plus the upstairs neighbours.

So in honour of this accomplishment, we are gonna do it properly for one night this Friday, May 6th, 10pm-4am.

5 funky DJs:
    Mr Larry Grogan, the obsession behind funky16corners.net will be bringing us a positively sweltering set of break-heavy funk and funky soul 45s. There's also Prestige, Soulcracker, Inbetween, and Me, but let's face it, everything you need to know is in the previous sentence.

It's gonna be, fast, furious, and free. Drinks specials all night: $3 Stella and Bohemia bottles, $4 wells after midnight. Yes boss.

@ The Lucky Cat
    245 Grand Street
    Williamsburg
    Brooklyn
    directions
    vanity site
    www.futurefunk.net/

www.futurefunk.net/

Comment

Hi,

I'm gonna be staying in Brooklyn for a week as of the 25th May - anything going down around that time?

peace

Comment

Ask me on May 24th! Seriously, there's plenty to peep in the way of great DJs toiling away in small bars in Manhattan, and there's rumo(u)rs of a Big Party going down in Brooklyn around this time.

One thing fo sho:
        Thurs May 26th, 10pm-ish
        The Uptown Originals will be playing at the Lucky Cat. 7 or 8-piece instrumental band featuring members of the Dap-Kings and Sugarman 3 - definitely not a wasted journey to check them out.
        www.futurefunk.net/

Comment

Originally posted by sport casual
          Thurs May 26th, 10pm-ish
          The Uptown Originals will be playing at the Lucky Cat. 7 or 8-piece instrumental band featuring members of the Dap-Kings and Sugarman 3 - definitely not a wasted journey to check them out.

I guess its Neal hooking that up? I'll no doubt be down for that!

Comment

Originally posted by shepdog
            I guess its Neal hooking that up? I'll no doubt be down for that!
            Actually this is one thing he's not directly involved in - the man (well his wife) has a baby on the way so he can't do everything! It's not impossible that he'll be there spinning a few records afterwards... last night's show by The Budos was very and El Michels span some lovely latin and funky soul. If you want to be good to your ears, you should check it out!

Oh, and this is a BUMP for tonight's funky madness.... Larry Grogan in effect.
            www.futurefunk.net/

Comment

Working...
            X