No announcement yet.

Jazz on a winters night (With mp3's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep it rolling Matski, your living room must be busting by now! How's that back window view looking? Bet it goes rather well with the somewhat melancholic Jazz sounds you seem to propagate. You can keep updating kiddo, but for me, it just dont get better than Don Rendell's Prayer. Jesus Christ tonight!

XXX Say hi to the scented one XXX
    it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul-Fiend View Post
      How's that back window view looking?
      Not as good as Expury 70's I'd wager.

Great additions to a fantastic chart Matt!
      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrei Nikolsky
        would appreciate that

those prices there asking

If (on the off chance) you don't have a copy of Peter Burman's Jazz Tête-à-Tête
        then I would be happy to reciprocate with a CD copy of it.
        I'd appreciate that - Please PM your Address
        https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

Comment

• if anyone's wondering, i've been having a wee tidy up of the thread; some have had issues with how long it takes to load.

So, where coverscans were cut and pasted by a poster, I've deleted the coverscan from the post.

It'll help a little.

We'll also be trying a couple of other things to make it easier to access this stuff from the plastic-cups-and-string set-up that some of our members use.

hope nobody's offended. Matt's chart is one of the touchstones of this site, the last thing we want to do is mess with it.

jazzmod.

Comment

• This was at my favourite shop for 5sek (0.5 euro) the other day. As I can't stand elbowing through a store crowded with record dealers (whose manners and physical appearance is rather alarming for the most part) and usually show up an hour or two after opening, the other jazz guy had already nabbed it when I showed up. I met him at another shop later the same day, and he told me he had found Sabu - Afro Temple and Sabu - Aurora borealis for 10sek each on the way there

I could spend all day with this chart
            Last edited by BeatsDeluxe; 29-11-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• UPDATED Monday 8th Dec 2008

Jump For Jazz

Comment

• UPDATED Monday 5th Jan 2009

Over here

Comment

• Originally posted by folkishienne View Post
                  77) John Surman / Westbrook: ??? – John Hassell private press 1965
                  I found this LP a few years ago and at the time did upload a pic and soundclip to the board in the hope someone might be able to shed some light on it and did a bunch of other attempts to discover more….Since then, attempting to gain further information on the recording ground to a halt….That is until recently when I was digging through a copy of jazz journal ( 25 / 9 Sept 1972) Which made mention of the recording….
                  Know nothing about this, but picked up another interesting release on the same label the other week, 'The World Of My Dreams: music composed by Iwo Zaluski from the film by Jonathan Searight', issued c.1966. Mixed jazz/beat/orchestral soundtrack material from three short films (the title short, plus 'Jane' and 'The Friendship Game') all performed by an orchestra made up of students from Royal College of Music and St Mary's College, Strawberry Hill, accompanied by a group drawn from members of the K-Liffs and Shyloes with Maria Tarley as vocalist, all - according to the notes - schoolchildren at the time of recording. Got a couple of soundclips (Little Boy Lost and Black Coffee) on the computer but they're pretty big (20 - 30mb) WAV files - how do you go about hosting clips for access in a thread on here? Interesting item, anyway, and was wondering about the nature of the label, whether the LP was private press or small scale proper release etc...
                  Last edited by alanmck; 30-06-2009, 02:37 PM.
                  a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne View Post
                    Know nothing about this, but picked up another interesting release on the same label the other week, 'The World Of My Dreams: music composed by Iwo Zaluski from the film by Jonathan Searight', issued c.1966. Mixed jazz/beat/orchestral soundtrack material from three short films (the title short, plus 'Jane' and 'The Friendship Game') all performed by an orchestra made up of students from Royal College of Music and St Mary's College, Strawberry Hill, accompanied by a group drawn from members of the K-Liffs and Shyloes with Maria Tarley as vocalist, all - according to the notes - schoolchildren at the time of recording. Got a couple of soundclips (Little Boy Lost and Black Coffee) on the computer but they're pretty big (20 - 30mb) WAV files - how do you go about hosting clips for access in a thread on here? Interesting item, anyway, and was wondering about the nature of the label, whether the LP was private press or small scale proper release etc...
                    I think the label was private using the Pye pressing plant (Might be wrong)...To share your files it would perhaps be better to make them MP3's and upload to a site like www.divshare.com where you will be given a link which you can post up for folks to download....Hope this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by folkishienne View Post
                      I think the label was private using the Pye pressing plant (Might be wrong)...To share your files it would perhaps be better to make them MP3's and upload to a site like www.divshare.com where you will be given a link which you can post up for folks to download....Hope this helps
                      Cheers for the info, if this works, I'll have a go at a chart with soundclips soon. Anyway, two cuts showing the lo-budget Morricone and lounge jazz stylings of Iwo Zaluski's mid-sixties scores...

DivShare File - iwo zaluski black coffee.mp3

DivShare File - little boy lost.mp3

Dunno if this is any use whatsoever in regard to the original question about the Surman LP on the label, though...
                      Last edited by wayne; 09-01-2009, 11:24 PM.
                      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne View Post
                        Cheers for the info, if this works, I'll have a go at a chart with soundclips soon. Anyway, two cuts showing the lo-budget Morricone and lounge jazz stylings of Iwo Zaluski's mid-sixties scores...

DivShare File - iwo zaluski black coffee.mp3

DivShare File - little boy lost.mp3

Dunno if this is any use whatsoever in regard to the original question about the Surman LP on the label, though...
                        Links working well, and I like both the tracks, nice find I recon

Comment

• UPDATED Friday 30th Jan 2009

J J J JUMP

Comment

Just been listening to Dick Morrissey's Storm Warning for the umpteenth time, and I have to say, I really can't get enough of it.

just gets better and better
                            I too, have a need for this LP . Alas, I'm gonna have to strike (very) lucky to ever get one
                            Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

• As for the chart, you very much have it going on sir.

Amazing music, thoughtful and honest reviews, I just LOVE it
                              Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

one for the jungle massive
                                Many of the players on this cut were teenagers at the time of recording, it's a pretty complex track, glad you liked it

Comment

Working...
                                X