Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jazz on a winters night (With mp3's)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Great selection, some of my favourites in there, three of which I've found in the charities for 50p a piece! I guess good things will come to those that wait. Still need to find a copy of Elizabethan Songbook & the New Jazz Orchestra in the wild tho! Thanks for sharing - Barney Wilen was a completely new one on me, great stuff.
    A Sound Awareness

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by folkishienne View Post
      16: B.J Ward: Vocal Ease – Catfish. The Title cut is a kind of groovy female jazz number with upfont vocals in a similar vein to Doris et al. I can’t shake the chorus and it hasn’t left my deck since it came through the door. More than a one trick pony, this Lp features several decent tracks including ‘The Loner’ (as comped on the folk funk boot) The main downside to this LP is the poor quality catfish pressing... Vocal Ease.mp3
      Wow, great version! I really love the Humblebums and pretty much everything Gerry Rafferty did between 1969 and 1979, so thank you for this cool treat!
      Last edited by alanmck; 31-10-2008, 12:00 AM. Reason: pruning for speed.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Crawdaddy Simon View Post
        Wow, great version! I really love the Humblebums and pretty much everything Gerry Rafferty did between 1969 and 1979, so thank you for this cool treat!
        I've not heard the Rafferty version, sounds ineresting any chance of an MP3??
        https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

        Comment


        • #34
          Updated Tues May 29th Jump
          https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

          Comment


          • #35
            nice again! I must get a Dusk Fire if I see a cheap one.....

            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

            Comment


            • #36
              Simply beautiful. Really appreciate the time and effort you're putting into this, top stuff sir!

              Comment


              • #37
                loving it too.
                thanks for more great treats.
                is that bj ward lp tough to find?
                YEE VOOLURES-AWL!
                YEE WANS YER EAR-TROOMPETS CLEENIN'!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by bobusan View Post
                  is that bj ward lp tough to find?
                  It's not the easyest beast to find it the wild, but they do turn up on the net from time to time. The main problem is the Catfish pressing is poor to start off with (Unlaminated cover too) so finding one in decent condition that sounds good is a little tricky. I tracked one down from a dealer in Holland got all excited then had to back it when it arrived and wait another year for my copy to turn up. There's one up on the Bay at the moment but it looks pricey for the condition: here
                  I'd say the Utrecht fair is the place to try and catch one of these, it's Dutch after all.
                  https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Yes great stuff! I'm loving them all and probably wouldn't have heard any of them if not for the mp3s.
                    Last edited by BeatsDeluxe; 30-05-2007, 10:14 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Matt, you sneaky cow! Cavril Payne!!!!! Sheeeee-it! You on for a kicking at llama fella!
                      it's time for some heartbeats

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Soul-Fiend View Post
                        Matt, you sneaky cow! Cavril Payne!!!!! Sheeeee-it! You on for a kicking at llama fella!
                        Sweet, just lay off me teats...
                        https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by folkishienne View Post
                          Sarge? Is that you?!?
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by folkishienne View Post
                            It's not the easyest beast to find it the wild, but they do turn up on the net from time to time. The main problem is the Catfish pressing is poor to start off with (Unlaminated cover too) so finding one in decent condition that sounds good is a little tricky. I tracked one down from a dealer in Holland got all excited then had to back it when it arrived and wait another year for my copy to turn up. There's one up on the Bay at the moment but it looks pricey for the condition: here
                            I'd say the Utrecht fair is the place to try and catch one of these, it's Dutch after all.
                            thanks.i saw that one up on e-bay and it's a bit pricey for me.will hold of for now.is catfish the only issue ??
                            YEE VOOLURES-AWL!
                            YEE WANS YER EAR-TROOMPETS CLEENIN'!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Updated 15th June see first post
                              https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Thank You

                                Wonderful. The education goes on.

                                Cheers Folkishienne.
                                <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X