Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candiman
    replied
    And thanks LJO for putting the yards in to create the Spotify playlist - added to my favourites.

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    I had a craving to listen back to this recently but couldn't find the old MP3s and the links seem to have gone down. I've put as many of the songs as I could find on this Spotify playlist, if anyone else has the same craving: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5G...TLme6WpxB5owSA

Thanks folkishienne.

Leave a comment:

• moecurlythanu
    replied
    Originally posted by wayne View Post
    Know nothing about this, but picked up another interesting release on the same label the other week, 'The World Of My Dreams: music composed by Iwo Zaluski from the film by Jonathan Searight', issued c.1966. Mixed jazz/beat/orchestral soundtrack material from three short films (the title short, plus 'Jane' and 'The Friendship Game') all performed by an orchestra made up of students from Royal College of Music and St Mary's College, Strawberry Hill, accompanied by a group drawn from members of the K-Liffs and Shyloes with Maria Tarley as vocalist, all - according to the notes - schoolchildren at the time of recording. Got a couple of soundclips (Little Boy Lost and Black Coffee) on the computer but they're pretty big (20 - 30mb) WAV files - how do you go about hosting clips for access in a thread on here? Interesting item, anyway, and was wondering about the nature of the label, whether the LP was private press or small scale proper release etc...
    This went for relatively long green on ebay recently: http://tinyurl.com/jo9wmpw

Leave a comment:

• Yarrow
    replied
    12 years late but still a great selection. Thanks a million if you are still around.

Leave a comment:

• Quivering Crumpet
    replied
    This might not count for much as I'm new around here, but this chart is pretty much outstanding in every way. Several old favourites and loads of new discoveries. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• folkishienne
    replied
    Originally posted by Abominog View Post
    This selection of tracks is undeniably superlative!!!

The Ardley 'Amaranth' album is gorgeous.

Many thanks, I'm glad there was something in there you like. I was listening to Symphony Of Amaranths on the headphones the other day and Persephone's jive ran over my mind like a juggernaut
    Last edited by folkishienne; 19-10-2010, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abominog
    replied
    This selection of tracks is undeniably superlative!!!

The Ardley 'Amaranth' album is gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• folkishienne
    replied
    Originally posted by purple_pill67 View Post
    Really loving this chart

I guess the early Dick Morrissey ones are dear and tough to find.....
    Have they been repressed??
    Here and now received a Japanese pressing a while back along with boom Jackie Boom Chick and several of the Tubby releases. The pressings and packaging are nice quality too

Leave a comment:

• purple_pill67
    replied
    Really loving this chart

I guess the early Dick Morrissey ones are dear and tough to find.....
    Have they been repressed??

Leave a comment:

• folkishienne
    replied
    UPDATED Friday 17th Sept 2010

Jump to update

Leave a comment:

• folkishienne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bladders View Post
    An excellent chart with some of my fav brit Jazz LP's on it
    Glad there were a few bits you liked

Leave a comment:

• Bladders
    replied
    An excellent chart with some of my fav brit Jazz LP's on it
    I used to go watch Dick Morrisssey in my local pub where he played monthly for the last three years of his life
    he had some wonderful guest musicians turn up as you can imagine.
    He was a gentle gent and nice to chat too
    I went to his funeral and was introduced to Allan Ganley, which almost took my breathaway at the time

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    Ginger Hobby Horse!

Leave a comment:

• folkishienne
    replied
    Originally posted by purple_pill67 View Post
    Is there a 63-65 in the chart?
    Was just downloading the latest few I needed and noticed the numbers didnt seem to add up.
    Numbering now sorted

Leave a comment:

• folkishienne
    replied
    Originally posted by el sporto View Post
    Stunning music as always!!!!!!!! This chart just gets better and better with each post!!!!!!!!
    Many thanks, I've been after these three copies for various reasons for a long time (The Live Garrick LP particularly must have been a want for quite a few years) The Ginger Hobby Horse used to turn up quite frequently (For other diggers down here) but it seems they're quite thin on the ground now. The Amadio came with a strong recommendation some time ago, it's sad really he seems to have only just had this one release.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X