This Is Religion - a gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medlar View Post
    I passed on a Pope Paul Visits Ireland lp in the local chazza today - shall I pick it up for you
    Well, I picked up two John Paul II visits the UK and Ireland 45s today. Both have creepy, oddball songs about him on them. I'll post some pictures later.
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

How about records about -

Selling records

Teaching Budgies to talk

Arp Synths

Photocopiers

Industrial cleaners

Tractors

Computers

Bri Nylon

SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

How about records about - Selling records
        I shall dig over the weekend, I have an incredible carpets album
        I know of with Wendy Craig & Pete Murray that has a beautiful sleeve
        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

How to sell carpets ?

Classic - will try and join in the thread tomorrow !!!
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
            I shall dig over the weekend, I have an incredible carpets album
            I know of with Wendy Craig & Pete Murray that has a beautiful sleeve
            Yes, i've got that one - a wondrous thing

Comment

Yes, i've got that one
              damn, and I thought was the only one who had that!
              but here is something I picked up just this morning at the boots.
              I have never seen it before & the track is actually pretty good
              and it has a sleeve/label new to me too, it's "a bit" religious

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

damn, and I thought was the only one who had that!
                but here is something I picked up just this morning at the boots.
                I have never seen it before & the track is actually pretty good
                and it has a sleeve/label new to me too, it's "a bit" religious

Alan Randall is THE George Formby impersonator - so is this a rocked up or a straight Formby cover?
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantthinkofagoodname View Post
                  BestDressedChicken said that the flipside 'Scarlet Woman' by 'Chakra' was to do with a guy called Mike Magee who was behind an occult mag in the 70's & as I've never been able to find anything else on the label, it sounds like it could have been a private-pressing financed by him.
                  Yes, the magazine was called 'Azoth', Magee moved to the US and made a massive amount of money in IT Industry magazines.

Comment

Loving this; much more fun than rare psyche 45's. I see no problem in buying a record for the sleeve alone, or the fact that it is just strange and interesting thing.

Here are a few from my collection of weird religion related LPs.

This is a sleeve I like a lot. The music is forgettable.

Possibly the scariest of the lot, though I still haven't dared listen to it unless I turn into Cruise or Travolta

Another lovely sleeve. A find from this week, in fact.

The Joystrings. Salvation Army beat combo, featured on the last xmas CD.

Moody looking bunch but the music does not live upto the promise of the sleeve.

Some hippies dancing in cultish type of way.

Fictional family in "discussion starter" LP scenario. Nuclear family get there knickers in a twist as the kids grow and seek independence. By the final track on side two the youngest son has slipped into a life of petty crime and intravenous drug use. If only...

Gorgeous sleeve art from GIA. Coffeehouse xtian strum a long.

Jesuit missionary anniversary LP. But what on earth is that woman holding in her hand! The Vicar would choke on his tea!

Shouldn't laugh but this is a funny sleeve... (I definitely ain't going to Heaven)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. The children, incidentally, are called Timothy Fraser and Christopher. I think the youngest is wearing a green velvet suit. I wonder what they are doing now?

What are they running away from? The futility of organized religion perhaps

And after all that insanity, this...

Truly wonderous Nigerian gospel LP. Track on my last xmas disc. Arguably my favourite find of last year. Also count this as one of my favourite sleeves in any genre. Love these raw gospel LPs and can't get enough of them right now. Praise the lord, indeed.

At first I bought records, then I started to collect records; now I merely accumulate records.

Comment

Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                      Is that "Catch my Soul' jobby any cop at all?
                      Have this version myself

& despite some P P Arnold I reckon the material & recording is pretty lame. Still, I enjoyed the documentary on Jack Good a few years ago with him basically saying that his involvement in rock n roll was the devil's work. Must have been all those close ups of Cliff...
                      I ran away to a charity shop & there's no way it's gonna stop.

Comment

And I thought I had a pretty crazy collection!

It's times like this that I wish I had a digital camera that actually worked....

Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
                        How about records about -

Bri Nylon

That "S. Sklar" must be a relative of Leland Sklar. Whaddaya reckon?

Comment

[QUOTE=piglit'n'rolf;320425]
                          Possibly the scariest of the lot, though I still haven't dared listen to it unless I turn into Cruise or Travolta

Ah, you're alright - these are Christian Scientists, not Scientologists - you're more likely to turn into Bruce Campbell or Mike Nesmith.

Comment

Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post

Pedant's corner; the 'Church of Christ Scientist' are Christian Scientists. No connection with Scientologists.

Sorry.

Edit; Dah! You beat me to it!
                            Last edited by SlippedDisc; 25-07-2009, 09:38 PM. Reason: Bad timing

Comment

great selection Piglit' and I saw that this sleeve

is a ringer for one on Decimal Coinage I have which has a shade of tan
                              instead of blue and has identical art & typeface. I guess they are a BBC
                              Studies series but had never seen another.
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

great selection Piglit' and I saw that this sleeve

is a ringer for one on Decimal Coinage I have which has a shade of tan
                                instead of blue and has identical art & typeface. I guess they are a BBC
                                Studies series but had never seen another.
                                There was a whole series of them, got the decimalisation one and a few quirky others.

Comment

Working...
                                X