No announcement yet.

Hair chart (with mp3s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a rum 'un. At first glance it looks like a run of the mill, albeit well recorded and bigger budget than usual, run through of the same old Hair songs but tucked away on here are a couple of tunes which (as far as I know) have nothing to do with Hair Anyway here's the cover:

As you can see it's credited to the London Theatre Ensemble and Chorus but I think it may be something to do with Les Humphries and his happy clapping troupe.

First up, here's a rather nice version of 'Walking in Space' - check out the nifty Hammond noodling in the second half:

Walking in Space

And here's what appears to be a Les Humpries original tucked away near the end of side two. Possibly the best thing I've heard Les associated with?

Soul House
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
      Here's a rum 'un. At first glance it looks like a run of the mill, albeit well recorded and bigger budget than usual, run through of the same old Hair songs but tucked away on here are a couple of tunes which (as far as I know) have nothing to do with Hair Anyway here's the cover:

As you can see it's credited to the London Theatre Ensemble and Chorus but I think it may be something to do with Les Humphries and his happy clapping troupe.

First up, here's a rather nice version of 'Walking in Space' - check out the nifty Hammond noodling in the second half:

Walking in Space

And here's what appears to be a Les Humpries original tucked away near the end of side two. Possibly the best thing I've heard Les associated with?

Soul House
      Max Greger recorded a version of "Soul House" on his "Sunshine Starshine" album which also contains nice "Hair" pieces. Probably better known due to its inclusion on one of the "In Flight" comps. Never heard this version before though...
      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Four tracks from Bobby Bryant's The Jazz Excursion Into Hair now added
        YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
          Possibly the best thing I've heard Les associated with?
          This is probably the 2nd greatest record that Les Humphries ever did, here is the 1st http://www.popsike.com/LESLIE-HUMPHR...334380018.html

Comment

This is probably the 2nd greatest record that Les Humphries ever did, here is the 1st http://www.popsike.com/LESLIE-HUMPHR...334380018.html
            Second that. Brilliant LP. It's under Leslie Humphries, though. Compares to nothing else he ever did.
            CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

Originally posted by dickrambone View Post
              yes absolutely brilliant lp. so we now the best now. second best though imo is another early lp by humphries and his friends that has some nice originals on it. the name escapes me right now but will ask my friend who has it...
              Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

i'll take freedom to post one track too

Melodiya ensemble - Popular mosaic LP

this LP is referred everywhere (soulstrut, ebay) as russian Hair OST, when actually it has only two songs from that musical. i have posted cover of 'Aquarius' already here in my chart, now i recorded version of 'Let the Sunshine In', in russian it's only 'Sunshine'. i like those instrumental-only versions

Sunshine

Aquarius
                Last edited by priima; 11-10-2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by priima View Post
                  i'll take freedom to post one track too

Melodiya ensemble - Popular mosaic LP

this LP is referred everywhere (soulstrut, ebay) as russian Hair OST, when actually it has only two songs from that musical. i have posted cover of 'Aquarius' already here in my chart, now i recorded version of 'Let the Sunshine In', in russian it's only 'Sunshine'. i like those instrumental-only versions

Sunshine

Aquarius
                  Thanks for posting Martin mate.

Thats another one added to my wants list.
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Two tracks from Tom Scott Quartet's Hair Into Jazz now added.
                    YouTube

Comment

Both Hair tracks from Zen's Hair now added.
                      YouTube

Comment

Four tracks from The Boston - Hair Dance Selections now added.
                        YouTube

Comment

Cool, the sleeve I got my french Graham Walker Sound in belongs to a french issue of the The Boston record, with a completely different cover though (black girl in body stockings), should find a record for it as I enjoyed this.
                          http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                          http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                          http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

Five more tracks from The Broadway Matadors - Hair: The American Rockin' And Shockin' Musical (English Version) now added.
                            YouTube

Comment

Five more tracks from L. Bailly - Hair: The American Tribal Love~Rock Musical now added
                              YouTube

Comment

Seven tracks from The Graham Walker Sound - Hair now added
                                YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X