X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four tracks from Tully feat. +4 - Hair: Australian Cast Recording now added
    YouTube

Comment

Both Hair tracks from "Hair" Rave-Up - Live From The Shaftesbury Theatre, London now added
      YouTube

Comment

Three tracks from The Ray Bloch Singers - Hair now added.
        YouTube

Comment

@nlgbbbblth There's a great version of hair on this LP. (sorry can't post sound clips.)

There's also a killer instrumental track on there too.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

cheers for the tip Craig, looks cool
            YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
              cheers for the tip Craig, looks cool
              Your welcome, When I get my music program's sorted out I'll try to post a clip for you mate.
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Five tracks from The Terminal Barbershop - Hair Styles now added.
                YouTube

Comment

Seven tracks from Galt MacDermot's First Natural Hair Band - Hair now added.
                  YouTube

Comment

Four tracks from Edmundo Ros And His Orchestra - Hair Goes Latin now added.
                    YouTube

Comment

I quite like the 'Let the Sun shine in' from the Poppys LP.

Anyone got anything to say about 'DisinHAIRited'? I enjoyed it last time i whacked it on, but I was cooking at the time and wasn't really paying attention. I think it annoyed me the first time I listened to it. Do any of these tracks make their way onto various Hair cover records have you noticed?
                      "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by awesomewelles View Post
                        Do any of these tracks make their way onto various Hair cover records have you noticed?
                        Off the top of my head, 'Dead End' is also on the Verve 'Galt MacDermot's Hair Pieces' LP. And it's pretty good, with Bernard Purdie turned up loud in the mix.

As an aside; Paul, you know that the Ray Bloch LP is the same as The Aquarius, on Marble Arch?
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                          As an aside; Paul, you know that the Ray Bloch LP is the same as The Aquarius, on Marble Arch?
                          yes, was tempted to buy it one day last year - saw it behind a counter on the wall - but knew it was identical to one of the other LPs. Checked the old wayback machine when I got home for the Long Hair section.
                          YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by awesomewelles View Post
                            I quite like the 'Let the Sun shine in' from the Poppys LP.

Anyone got anything to say about 'DisinHAIRited'? I enjoyed it last time i whacked it on, but I was cooking at the time and wasn't really paying attention. I think it annoyed me the first time I listened to it. Do any of these tracks make their way onto various Hair cover records have you noticed?
                            Dead End
                            Sheila Franklin
                            Electric Blues
                            Going Down

all feature on the Japanese Cast LP which I've just digitised - will be posting it in the thread at a later stage. Electric Blues and Going Down ended up in the stage production fairly soon afterwards.
                            YouTube

Comment

Love all the hair records. My fav is still geoff love especially his version of coloured spade very mod/funky

Anyone seen the production of Hair on in London at the moment? I have tickets to see it in a few weeks.
                              My Mixcloud

Comment

Geoff Love is the next one! - later this week.
                                YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X