No announcement yet.

Hair chart (with mp3s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five tracks from the Original Amsterdam Cast - Hair now added.
    YouTube

Comment

Four tracks from Various Cast Members - DisinHAIRited now added.
      YouTube

Comment

Seven tracks from John Sangster - Ahead Of Hair now added.
        YouTube

Comment

I've decided to try and get more 'involved' with the whole VG+ plus thing so perhaps a wee contribution to this chart may help (if that's ok with everyone else?)

Great Psych-ish Hair medley by The Happenings on BT Puppy Records. Great Base line. Brakes too....

Where Do I, Go/Be-In (Hare Krishna) Click Here!
          L@@K

Double Sight Weekender - Glasgow Garage & Psych Weekender 4-7th October 2012
          The Freak-Beats Club: Glasgow's new happening club night!
          "Get the Records!" On Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
            I've decided to try and get more 'involved' with the whole VG+ plus thing so perhaps a wee contribution to this chart may help (if that's ok with everyone else?)

Great Psych-ish Hair medley by The Happenings on BT Puppy Records. Great Base line. Brakes too....

Where Do I, Go/Be-In (Hare Krishna) Click Here!
            Cheers Jamo, appreciate it. Great medley indeed. What is the rest of the LP like?
            YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
              Cheers Jamo, appreciate it. Great medley indeed. What is the rest of the LP like?
              Glad you liked it!

Unfortuantly, just a 45, the flip side is 'New Day Comin' which I dont think is a hair track.

Actually, just looked up the LP here. Looks like it was just the one Hair track. Maybe others will know a bit more about the 'Piece of Mind' LP....
              L@@K

Double Sight Weekender - Glasgow Garage & Psych Weekender 4-7th October 2012
              The Freak-Beats Club: Glasgow's new happening club night!
              "Get the Records!" On Youtube channel

Comment

It's been a while since I updated this. More to follow soon.

Two tracks from Original London Cast - Hair now added.
                YouTube

Comment

Just stumbled upon a copy of this, which I was surprised was not already mentioned in this thread:

It's Divine Hair / Mass In F.

To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Hair on Broadway, there was a church service, at the Cathedral Of St John The Divine. This is a recording of the service. It's got versions of Hair songs performed by the Broadway Cast + Cathedral Choir, it's got pieces from Galt MacDermot's Mass In F, it's got a bit of priestly banter, and it's got an Organ Improvisation On Aquarius.

Bit of a curate's egg.

Comment

Good thread revival! I never investigated this, probably because the few Hair covers I have heard have been pants. I suspect that I am ready to dip in now, between bouts of modern classical.

Comment

This is one record that really needs a decent remaster given its scarcity in both quantity and quality (How many were sold? Where are they now? Why is it so hard to get an EX copy or better?)
                      Until those questions can be answered it's a case of Tune-In, Turn-On and Drop-Out.
                      looks like your prayers have been answered nlgbbbblth.

https://www.discogs.com/John-Sangste...elease/7673704
                      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                      X