Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someblokecalledfuz goes south of the border

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Someblokecalledfuz goes south of the border

    A top ten of tunes as played by me in the Sela bar in Leeds last Friday night (30th Oct 2009)...

    Making music for money - Alex Harvey
    This one got the ball rolling, it makes a statement and has a great groovin fiddle solo and bass drum sound.

    Beautiful country - Turley Richards
    Breakbeats ahoy! A fine tribute to the lure of country living...

    Fire and Brimstone - Link Wray
    From his terrific self titled album from 1971, everybody should own a copy of this.

    I'm moving on - John Kay
    From a solo album by Steppenwolf member, rockin' version of the hank snow classic.

    Hold on - B.W. Stevenson
    Gotta love a song which ends in a country a capella hoedown...

    The united state of mind - Wayne Talbert
    Hats of to Mr Sayers who steered me in the direction of this one, one of my favourite tunes at the moment. Country funk jazz or something but very tasty - thanks Craig.

    Lost and lonely navigator - Wilderness road

    A HEAVY tune about searching for direction which turned a few heads last Friday.

    Baby needs a new pair of shoes - Charlie Brown

    Damn right she does and it's obsessing poor Charlie... just about the only lyrics in an epic swirling belter.

    Solitary woman - Charlie Starr
    Mr. Starr lets it all hang out, no relation to Freddie as far as I know...

    Another useless day - Heads Hands & Feet
    Storming upbeat stomper written by Chas from Chas'n'Dave - no really.

    Kewl... Hope to be invited back soon.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

    Eclectic Mud



  • #2
    Yes that link wray is a killer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post

      Solitary woman - Charlie Starr
      Mr. Starr lets it all hang out, no relation to Freddie as far as I know...
      .
      Hey meester Fuzzeee

      There IS a funky breakbeat Freddie Starr strack out there....

      Shhhh - don't tell anyone though...

      Comment


      • #4
        Freddie Starr

        I have a great 45 of 'peter gunn' by him
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
          The united state of mind - Wayne Talbert
          Hats of to Mr Sayers who steered me in the direction of this one, one of my favourite tunes at the moment. Country funk jazz or something but very tasty - thanks Craig.
          [B]
          Your welcome, pleased you liked it. As much as like this track it's all about 'cryin' bag' for me.

          Looks like a great night.

          BTW great set as usal Fuz mate.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
            Making music for money - Alex Harvey
            Is this the "other" Alex Harvey? Cool looking set...
            Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

            Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

            Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              Your welcome, pleased you liked it. As much as like this track it's all about 'If i didn't love you' for me.

              Looks like a great night.

              BTW great set as usal Fuz mate.
              SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                Is this the "other" Alex Harvey? Cool looking set...
                Yeah it is - recommended listening!

                He's more famous for song's he wrote and others covered Tulsa turnaround, Delta dawn etc... Kenny Rogers who produced some of his records used alot of his tunes...

                I love a lot of this guy's stuff.
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                Eclectic Mud


                Comment


                • #9
                  Towny / Craig / anybody

                  Concerning Wayne Talbert, has anybody heard his other albums?

                  I love this one and hanker after his others but they don't seem to be available cheap in decent condition. The standard of this one would suggest the others have to be top draw, but being tightfisted and poor I need a push before I jump!
                  In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                  Eclectic Mud


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Si Cheeba View Post
                    Hey meester Fuzzeee

                    There IS a funky breakbeat Freddie Starr strack out there....

                    Shhhh - don't tell anyone though...
                    Hi Si,

                    Long time no see north of the border! Come back some time...

                    I won't tell anybody - cos I don't know it!

                    You could PM me though, so I now what secret I'm keeping!
                    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                    Eclectic Mud


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                      Towny / Craig / anybody

                      Concerning Wayne Talbert, has anybody heard his other albums?

                      I love this one and hanker after his others but they don't seem to be available cheap in decent condition. The standard of this one would suggest the others have to be top draw, but being tightfisted and poor I need a push before I jump!
                      Ive No idea i'm affraid Fuz mate. I know he was in the Sir Douglas Quintet too.
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Don't know the others i'm afraid - is there Rebennack involvement ?
                        SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
                          Don't know the others i'm afraid - is there Rebennack involvement ?
                          Yes... but beyond this and the fact he was in the Sir Douglas Quintet I know nada, other than he has at least two other tasty looking albums.
                          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                          Eclectic Mud


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
                            Don't know the others i'm afraid - is there Rebennack involvement ?
                            There has been E. Bocage involvement with Mr Talbert's Pulsar recordings

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Can you recommend any of his other work Mr. Belson?
                              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                              Eclectic Mud


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X