Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Disc Jockey Single Pic Sleeves

Hi All

I'm not sure if the below is of interest, but after this thread http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26642 I became mildly obsessed with searching the net for the fantastic covers Jean-Claude Trambouze did for the 'Special Disc Jockey' and 'U.S. Soul' series of singles released in France in the 1970's.

99% of the below images are cribbed from these 2 x great sites:
    http://45vinylvidivici.net/pageaccueilseventies.htm
    http://rateyourmusic.com/list/jackpi...french_series_ (this link includes more Trambouze sleeves including the New Times library series)

I'd like to point out that I only own one of these (Roy Lee Johnson), so this is a bit of a cheat. However, I was so taken with the bizarre juxtaposition of Victorian era style drawings with black American soul records that I thought I'd post them up for your perusal.

If anyone has links/scans for any sleeves not included below, please post 'em up!

Special Disc Jockey: 21, 26,27,35,61,62,66,67
    US Soul: 10 & 20

The US Soul series:

Last edited by Saint Jude; 19-03-2010, 06:44 PM.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

some cracking sleeves
    do you own any ?
    thanks for posting

Comment

has been on my wants list for 15 years. missed it once, and since then the price has gone

fantastic version, guess i'll stick with the comp.

Comment

Joes Simon's prize cow is my new favourite.

It's rather disturbing how the designer has interpreted Isaac Hayes 'Do Your Thing' to mean murdering a woman
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
          French Disc Jockey series released in France in the 70's.
          I've spotted a few of these in Italy - I wonder if they got issued there too.

Comment

I guess these are pretty rare? I'd love the Dapps in a pic sleeve, even one with a moustachioed rabbit on it.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Quick bump - I've added loads more sleeves and put them all in order too. How anal!
              it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

These have been making me smirk all day-especially the Victorian stuff - just so inappropriate. Brilliant, thanks for posting
                www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

Working...
                X