X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    Does this work Shaun?

The Redeeming Feature chapter one
    Can't D/L - i'm on my neighbour's PC, Can someone else check?
    If it works, it's be a good idea to edit the link into the first post, too.
    I feel a bit like I'm demanding a saddle for a gift horse here, but there's quite a few charts i've not managed to listen to much of due to the prospect of endless d/l ing (and Divshare can be a wee bit frustrating)
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Mmm...just tried it - all of the tracks are in one playlist and can be D/ld from one page, but I can't see how to get them all in one go - am I doing something wrong?

*EDIT* - ah, no actually - you have to click individually on each link in the list at the bottom of the page which each take you to a new page - so not much of an improvement I'm sorry to say - thanks for the effort anyway, fellas!
      Last edited by giantchicken; 30-04-2011, 02:11 PM.
      you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Sorry, Fuz. I am a twat.
        the way to do this is not like I said earlier. What you have to do is put the tracks into a zipfile on your computer (right click, Send To...), before you upload that to Divshare.

I've just done it anyway, so you can paste this link into your first post.

http://www.divshare.com/download/14725812-845
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
          Sorry, Fuz. I am a twat.
          the way to do this is not like I said earlier. What you have to do is put the tracks into a zipfile on your computer (right click, Send To...), before you upload that to Divshare.

Thanks Very much...
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
            Sorry, Fuz. I am a twat.

Cheers BC & Fuz.

Downloaded.

Comment

Gave this a first listen last night. Especially enjoying Cugie's take on Apache with marimba filigree, the rolling samba of Catete ( seems to be a standard carnival/fiesta song - Catete is an area of Rio) and mambo Popcorn.

The other bonkersness hasn't registered fully yet,
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Efffing brilliant chart - -great work Fuz. I still enjoy taking punts on shite looking charity shop records (although defo waste a lot of oney doing so)

Highlights that i didn't know are that amazers Dan Hill track - and the Ballroom cover of "Popcorn" +++

I see Ballroom LPs around all the time, but never see any that look worth a quid punt. Any other Ballroom classics out there i've flicked past loads of times?
                Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Xavier Cugat's bongo player is amazing!
                  the Ethiopian one and de Souza kicked in last night, too. wonderful.
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                    Any other Ballroom classics out there i've flicked past loads of times?
                    I think I've a worthy version of 'I feel fine' by Victor Sylvester which might make a future chart, should I find it! I'll have a rummage for the next chapter...
                    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

great to hear Apache, a mate flicked me his spare of that Cugat album on Monday and I haven't had a chance to listen yet.
                      picked up Viva Cugat yesterday for 50c as well, worth it for every second of Jungle Drums - give the bongos some...

Comment

Boney had a copy of that Cugat album in his crates at the fair, that I don't think anybody picked up...

Maybe if you PM him...
                        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Caught up with this one today

Top versions of "apache" & "popcorn" in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                            Sydney Thompson and his Orchestra – Accent on the Latin Rhythm

Ballroom dancing records rarely disappoint in providing insipid, uninspired music... So it’s a genuine surprise to find a version of Popcorn to savour.
                            I just found a surprisingly satisfying version of Santana's 'She's Not There' on an otherwise bleak Carlos Romanos ballroom LP 'Latin - The Modern Way.'

Can we have a redeeming feature set from you at Brillo? Or maybe we could all slip a redeeming feature track into our sets?
                            <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
                              Can we have a redeeming feature set from you at Brillo?
                              Now there's an idea
                              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Got round to listening to this on my way to work this morning and it was a perfect hangover busting, 40 min bus journey Soundtrack so thanks very much

In fact it inspired me to go out this lunch time and purchase some random LPs in the hope of some redeeming features...
                                Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                                www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                                www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Working...
                                X