This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    good idea. it can be done in excel very quickly (less than 10 minutes). sadly, I don't have that time this week, but could do next week...

that's a serious offer, but rather hoping that one of our other geeks may be able to help in this regard before I do actually make the time for it.
    Does Andy Bey go under A or B?
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
      At the risk of being a RIGHT pain... I think this list might be better A-Z, so if you're thinking of contributing you can check if it's been nominated - rather than keep reading through 400 albums... just my tuppence!
      Or simply look under 'Edit' and use 'Find' to look for the artists in this thread (or whatever variation works for your browser.

List now alphabeticised according to first word or name of the artist ('the' disregarded). There's still two submissions for 'Paul's Boutique' though.
      Last edited by Rich Hero; 27-06-2011, 07:10 PM.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
        Or simply look under 'Edit' and use 'Find' to look for the artists in this thread (or whatever variation works for your browser.
        Magical and awesome.
        But then I only discovered 'Undo' about two years ago.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

List now alphabeticised according to first word or name of the artist ('the' disregarded).
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
              'Paul's Boutique' is so good it's in this list twice
              Can't argue with that Lee mate!
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Doesn't this make it a right arse to update or am I missing something?
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                  Doesn't this make it a right arse to update or am I missing something?
                  Probably. Still, if Expiry keeps an Excel sheet it's dead simple to update that and copy and paste that periodically. And it's dead simple to copy this list into a text file, open it in Excel and use that to start the sheet. ...Actually, the loss of the full stops is possibly the most awkward bit.

Last edited by Rich Hero; 27-06-2011, 07:42 PM. Reason: Todays' 1001 Album updates are sponsored by Sarge...

Comment

Fair call on the double entry - ooops well spotted

As for the excel business - you'll just have to scroll through until I get a chance to do it - busy week at work and at home

Or if you can't wait you could do it
                    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Now on an excel spread sheet
                      BUT I can't seem to get it to attach to a post - I keep being told its an invalid file
                      Can anyone help me??
                      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Comment

Probably. Still, if Expiry keeps an Excel sheet it's dead simple to update that and copy and paste that periodically. And it's dead simple to copy this list into a text file, open it in Excel and use that to start the sheet.

rich, please add labels, release years and producers to the list over the weekend. thank you!
                        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                          Now on an excel spread sheet
                          BUT I can't seem to get it to attach to a post - I keep being told its an invalid file
                          Can anyone help me??
                          Copy. Paste.
                          Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                          rich, please add labels, release years and producers to the list over the weekend. thank you!
                          Where's my Best Of 2012? Godammnit Sevi!!!

Comment

Where's my Best Of 2012? Godammnit Sevi!!!
                            you're a yesterday man rich!
                            Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Copy. Paste.
                              Copy the contents of the file? And paste it where?
                              I was hoping to attach the excel file so people could access it in excel - but maybe that's not possible

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                                Copy the contents of the file? And paste it where?
                                I was hoping to attach the excel file so people could access it in excel - but maybe that's not possible
                                If you press the button in the top left corner of the Excel sheet (where the first column and the first row meet), copy and paste into your first post that'll do it. I don't know any simple way to host the file. But as long as you keep the " - " delimiters between the columns in the copy pasted at the top of this thread people can then save it as a .txt file and open that with Excel, preserving the columns.

Comment

Working...
                                X