No announcement yet.

UK Country part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I allowed to mention Prelude Owlcreek Incident? Not sure if it's kosher UK country or whether it's pastiche or too fun or whatever, amazing album though.
    MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
      Am I allowed to mention Prelude Owlcreek Incident? Not sure if it's kosher UK country or whether it's pastiche or too fun or whatever, amazing album though.
      You are! I didn't know this but just listened here...

I think that it would fit nicely into the forth coming part 2 of the chart.

So is the album consistent?
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Fuz, this is a truly wonderful chart but you probably knew I'd say that. Only two I know (the Raverne and the Jed Ford that Pitch posted) but the stuff on Lucky is just great.

Give me a minute and I'll see if there are any of my favourite UK country bits easily available online, otherwise I'll upload some when I get a chance.
        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
          You are! I didn't know this but just listened here...

I think that it would fit nicely into the forth coming part 2 of the chart.

So is the album consistent?
          Yeah, it's really listenable.

If anyone wants to download all the tracks as an archive, rather than individually, just click here
          MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
            Fuz, this is a truly wonderful chart but you probably knew I'd say that. Only two I know (the Raverne and the Jed Ford that Pitch posted) but the stuff on Lucky is just great.

Give me a minute and I'll see if there are any of my favourite UK country bits easily available online, otherwise I'll upload some when I get a chance.
            Yes please Jim, I thought you might have something to add to this... Glad you're enjoying the chart, Lucky records and Gordon Smith do seem overlooked and long overdue some appreciation.
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

If anyone wants to download all the tracks as an archive, rather than individually, just click here
              Thanks very much for doing this Ash! Cheers.
              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Let’s kick off with Country Fever’s answer to the Muskrat’s “Funky country”… a version of “Listen to the band” complete with hoofing break…
                Picked this up in the charity yesterday and thought Fuz will have definitely mentioned this on the forum...and of course you have!

Spurred me on to read both of your threads...great stuff mate!

I really need that Muskrats LP. A local dealer who dabbled in VG+ friendly material told me about the LP years ago, although he just mentioned the fact it had a drumbreak and he sold it on ebay for a decent price. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago when I finally found one at Utrecht but it was proper money (can't quite remember...15 or 20 Euro). Anyway, I left it thinking it was purely just a drumbreak but that track is a cracker. I'll find one in the real world eventually
                "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Yeah, it's really listenable.

NOW I see this......ah well. Looking forward to checking out all these tracks I meticulously donwloaded one by one. As you know Fuz I've a Ray Dexter album
                  I mentioned somewhere on the forum. Didn't know he had so many. Sadly this means I may need to root through pile sof shit countyr and irish lps now.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Next up is another UK private press… recorded in Jersey.

Simon Raverne’s version of "Polk Salad Annie" from “The two sides of”

Many have covered this undeniable tune from the great Tony Joe White, and most if not all have fallen way short of the original, even a certain Mr. Presley.

So what are Simon Raverne’s chances? Well, he gets a sterling write up on the back cover by a shades wearing Jack Higgins (author of “the Eagle has landed” and others) no less…

Now Jack could spin a yarn or too and here he states “Simon Raverne has recorded in England and America and has known and played with all the legends, - Elvis himself, Bill Haley, Kris Kristofferson, and the late great John Lennon, and it shows in the unique artistry of this recording.” Some of his best fiction to date?
                    I picked up a job lot of Record Collector mags from an Elvis Presley obsessive this week and noticed this Simon Raverne LP on the wall amongst a mass of Elvis stuff. It's got to be there for a reason....I'll enquire when I next visit him.
                    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Just pointed my pal Patrick towards this chart and was saddened to see the images taken down by photobucket - so annoying. Would love to see them re-instated somehow!
                      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Working...
                      X