Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr-tipper And His Music.

Chart of the Flytipper-early feb-2004.

A technical fool attempts to put his chart up on the vulture site –what will happen?

Not all new but at the front of the pile are:

The Paupers –Ellis island L.P [verve forecast]
    Picked this up cheap ‘cos the sleeves a bit tatty, can’t get past the opening track-SOUTH DOWN ROAD-all fuzz, strings and heavy heavy beats-a massive sound that brings to mind Axelrod and the Prunes but harder!

The Zeet Band-Moogie Woogie L.P [Chess]
    a record that restored my faith in the importance of the winter car boot sale!
    50p brought me the thrill of Phil Upchurch, Paul Beaver and I’m told Al Kooper is on here too!
    If moog is your bag then this is quite an L.P! Standout is MOOGIE BOOGIE and there’s a track called FAT CITY too!
    Apparently the file was too big to upload this image but if you fancy a scan follow this link - look out honey 'cos i'm using technology-ain't got time to make no apologies...http://www.317x.com/albums/z/zeetband/enlargement.html[/url]

Rodriguez-Cold Fact L.P [Sussex]
    I guess you all know this but I was chuffed to get a copy for less than four notes from South Africa-Stoned funk / folk /fuzz and well worth a punt!

Orpheus – s/t L.P [mgm]
    An Alan Lorber production - this is a fine L.P of psych/orch/soft rock-CAN’T FIND THE TIME TO TELL YOU was on the recent Saint Etienne mix album ‘ the trip’ and this record is more of the same-consistent and gentle and again cheap!

Jazz in a Penthouse –various L.P [A + M]
    Another cold wet Sunday yielded this strong comp. Of mellow jazz – perfect for entertaining the ladies [and gents] Herbie Mann [THE LETTER] rubs shoulders with George Benson, Jobim, Nat Adderley and the delightfully named Winter Consort.

California Poppy Pickers –Hair L.P [alshire]
    Bizarre record that you would just have to buy!
    Passable versions of Aquarius, melting pot and
    Good morning starshine rub shoulders with a demented psych original – NARROW PEOPLE.
    Worth a dollar or two of your paypal hard-earned!

Beatles songbook volume 1-Fool on the Hill L.P [BEACON] –I have the Donovan songbook on the same label by the same guy – graham sacher, here he is a bit more true to the originals whereas with the Donovan songbook I think he must have never heard the originals!
    Great version of STRAWBERRY FIELDS although I was robbed at £3-00 [even though I swapped the price label down from six]

Rod Hunter – Popcorn / Snoopy 7” [decca]
    Popcorn I can live without but flip it for a nice electro hip-hop type instrumental that sounds very now!

Motherhood – Soul Tiger / Lady Madonna 7” [UA]
    Great 2-sider by Klaus Doldinger / Paul Nero [!]
    Now I am looking for the L.P!

The Samurai – shu-shu / fresh hot breeze of summer 7” [UA] fresh hot breeze is the one!
    Thanks to the Italian connection for this freaky favourite-psych pop with dancing drums and a chorus to die for – find one today or live to regret it.
    Last edited by Sie-Fly; 07-02-2005, 06:00 PM.
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

y'all got me stickin to the seat sims.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

well baby..

..i thought i'd have a go -i'm sick of being on the friggin' sidelines and keeping all this great music to myself man.

i still need to dig out dion's 'purple haze' for you eh?

cheers for taking the time to post a reply to my chart mate.
      hope you and free belfast are well-peace from across the irish sea.the tipper x
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Puttin' more dip in my hip with the tip...i knows it amigo.
        Be good to seeya again fella. ur more than welcome in the fast anytime.

words
        S
        MODZ
        Hero No.9
        Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
        THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

sunday service

what a bizzare collection of records mr flytipper - the car boot groove factory still yielding a myriad priceless gems of varying carats and quality!!
          reelin in the summer!
          [SIZE=6][COLOR=Magenta]

Comment

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS that Doldinger.
            it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

doldinger

got it off music stack for a tenner...i am sure there was a few sellers with them.
              a nice wee record!

have a browse...or check out gemm.....they are out there - have you got the L.P?
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
              X