Current J-Pop Girls Chart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

£16 at CDJapan inc postage. They didn't have it of course but I thought that was okay. It's probably gone as far as reasonable price copies go. Japanese stuff is super expensive even in Japan I hear.
    yeah that's about right for a new 45 but I just pulled the trigger on one of those Amazon copies, £29.87 including postage, however that's just postage to my Tokyo based mail forwarding address, I'm not going to work out the total shipping costs as it'll just be upsetting.

I also got the Manon 45 so I'll be able to consolidate & save a little on shipping but still, and I think the Chai one is one of the signed ltd copies... so there's that.

anyway there's a great new Tentenko track out called "Dangerous Highway" & she's gone 80's, it's got some sweet smooth sax moves on it so I'm in.

Speaking of 80's "mannequin idol unit" Femm have gone all 80s for their new single, I'm not a big fan of their sound but people seem to be into them & the styling is incredible

Click image for larger version

Name:	DMpCrhJVwAErNNN.jpg:large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1038559

And there's a new Band Ja Naimon single out but it doesn't seem to have a video, although they did release another of their intermittent weird soap opera videos where they're holding somebody hostage (insert emoticon shrug guy here)

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker View Post

yeah that's about right for a new 45 but I just pulled the trigger on one of those Amazon copies, £29.87 including postage, however that's just postage to my Tokyo based mail forwarding address, I'm not going to work out the total shipping costs as it'll just be upsetting.

Yes I think that boat has sailed as far as It goes for me. I think you did the right thing with your copy. The regret at paying so much will be fleeting. People waste that, and more down the pub of an evening. Not me, I can't afford to. One of my great regrets; I wish I could have gone to the pub more often. Sounds like I'm at deaths door doesn't it!
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Hah, coincidentally I was convinced that I should buy it in the pub.

I didn't get where I am today by not making ill advised decisions after drinking booze.

Comment

Hah, coincidentally I was convinced that I should buy it in the pub.

I didn't get where I am today by not making ill advised decisions after drinking booze.
          "Great"
          "Super"

Comment

"Great"
            "Super"
            Oh shit, have I been an insensitive arsehole? I skim read, should pay more attention & be more mindful of peoples situations, please accept my apologies SK.

Comment

Oh shit, have I been an insensitive arsehole? I skim read, should pay more attention & be more mindful of peoples situations, please accept my apologies SK.
              No, nothing of the sort. I thought you were quoting CJ from Reggie Perrin ( "I didn't get where I am today...") and I was just quoting Tony Webster and David Harris-Jones who invariably said Great, and Super. Well it was more "Grrreat", "Soooper". I would have referenced the flatulent chair but that's too difficult in print.
              You can sleep easy.

Last edited by Shere Khan; 27-10-2017, 11:21 PM. Reason: Nighty Night

Comment

No, nothing of the sort. I thought you were quoting CJ from Reggie Perrin ( "I didn't get where I am today...") and I was just quoting Tony Webster and David Harris-Jones who invariably said Great, and Super. Well it was more "Grrreat", "Soooper". I would have referenced the flatulent chair but that's too difficult in print.
                You can sleep easy.

Ahhh thank god for that, it's been ages since I saw Reggie Perrin, I shared a house with someone who had it all on vhs in the mid 90s I could do with refreshing myself.

Comment

• GQ have done a profile on Wednesday Campanella

GQ!

And Maika Loubtet is releasing that Candy Haus track on a 45... With a cover of "Video Killed The Radio Star" on the B-side. out on December

Comment

GQ have done a profile on Wednesday Campanella

GQ!

And Maika Loubtet is releasing that Candy Haus track on a 45... With a cover of "Video Killed The Radio Star" on the B-side. out on December
                    Did the Wednesday Campanella Aladdin track ever come out on vinyl? Such a great tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by bennyboy View Post

Did the Wednesday Campanella Aladdin track ever come out on vinyl? Such a great tune.
                      Nah, they've only done 2 vinyl releases, the mini comp on French label Specific & the 12" of the Triathlon EP, they make such great singles, I wish they'd do a 45 series even though it'd cost me.

Speaking of which here's Kom-I performing the new Wed Camp single on some odd TV show, good lord just look at that outfit!!!

Wednesday Campanella - "Edokko Doko Doko"

People got really excited over this band a year or so ago but I wasn't really into them, this is lovely though.

Maison Book Girl - "Kotoeri"

New Video from Tentenko, releasing an album in December seems like it would be against some international law of marketing, what with missing end of year chart deadlines & whatnot. Tentenko however is a creative genius & operating on a higher level than pretty much anyone else, is rightly unconcerned with festive pissing contests.

Tentenko - "Somehow Dangerous"

Band Ja Naimon have got a mini album out soon and they're doing another weird & confusing release with solo singles being available for only 3 days before being deleted, I think the Misako one has got Noko guesting on it which is the Band Ja Naimon/Shinsei Kamattechan crossover we've all been waiting for, well for me at least. Probably never get it though, nice one J-pop you maddening pain in the arse genre.

Here's the enigmatically named lead single off the new mini album from the live DVD they put out recently. usual caveats for live performance but this is pretty good fun & it's super catchy

Band Ja Naimon - "Q. Is it okay with life?" (Live @ Yoyogi Park Outdoor Stage)

Comment

Working...
                      X