my feb. chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my feb. chart

thought i would stick up what i've been listening to lately to introduce myself to the rest of you on this forum. i've not been buying a lot locally because a lot of the shops up here in dundee are shite(too many tijauna brass and highland fling lps) although there was one that opened up recently that had some decent stuff, heres what i got from there.....

gwen macrae rocking chair tk sealed £10 (not too bad a price)
    little ann going down a one way street rictic m £2
    skip easterling i'm the hoochie koochie man instant m £5
    mike gibbs presents the chrome waterfall orchestra bronze m £10 (i'm really into this jazz lp)
    disco funk compilation (inc. cookies and don't boom boom) rca canada m £1
    29 rock steady hits (inc. great version of tramp that is more champ) fontana m £1
    barrington levy under mi sensi time ja 12 £1.50

this is all the other stuff that i've been buying/listening to lately...

manzel jump street/space funk fraternity 45 (got this of ebay the other week for $56 inc postage to the u.k., another went the next day for $178??)
    cane and able s/t som livre brazil lp (managed to eventually get a copy of this for a reasonable price, it also has a different cover to the epic issue)
    skull snaps "giving up on loving" from the lp ( i've always skipped past this track and went straight to tresspassing, but was amazed when i heard this track - what a break!)
    gene williams don't let your love fade away forte 45 (also managed to get this for a half decent $53 inc. post from ebay)
    fabulous caprices groovy world camaro 45 (probably my favourite out of the lot, i can't stop playing this!)
    googie rene firebird/keep it soul, baby newbag 45 (thanks to silvan in switzerland for getting me a mint copy of this ace jazzy doublesider )
    pappys hauted house dude mide 45 (very good 45 that leans towards afro rock)
    earnest baker soul stroke/ you gonna miss me sonic 45 (had this a while but i rarely played it until recently, both sides are killer funk/soul)
    latin breed the return of... g.c. lp (seen this on the soul explosion list in the "everthing for £3" section and had to get it, only one good track but its killer, latin breed theme)

thats about all i can remember off the top of me head,

cheers!

Originally posted by soulful-illusion
    gene williams don't let your love fade away forte 45 (also managed to get this for a half decent $53 inc. post from ebay)
    ooh, which version is this one- yellow or red label? i've been looking for the yellow label one since i first heard it a little while back- great tune, but seemingly out of my budget (on ebay, at least).. i always seeit going for $80+ ..

Comment

Welcome along and some tasty bits there alright.

New record shop....Dundee....pray tell where my good man?

I usually manage to turn up something in Grouchos on my infrequent visits - got the Mogul Thrash LP last time. Has it gone downhill of late?
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Hey

thanks for posting up a chart but we dont really need prices with charts...
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB

You need to ask Sie about that one Lee - maybe worth a trip...
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
            You need to ask Sie about that one Lee - maybe worth a trip...
            'mon then Sie?...Rich?...fess up - I've no plans for tomorrow yet and it's only an hour on the train

Comment

I think it may be related to a certain favourite shop of visitors to Manc...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

mike gibbs

mike gibbs presents the chrome waterfall orchestra bronze m £10 (i'm really into this jazz lp)

Love this album too! If you like this one check out his other (3) lps. Recommend "In the public interest" 1973 (with Gary Burton) - sometimes possible to pick up cheap (unlike his first 2 deram lps).
                "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

prices

agreed my son - price is a no-need...
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                    I think it may be related to a certain favourite shop of visitors to Manc...
                    Sorry Lee - I've been away from the computer all weekend and have only just seen this post - the "new shop" I know of is in St Andrews and is co-owned by Les from Kingbee in Manchester.. he's using it to shift some of the stodgier rock-related stock and doubles of soul stuff he has...

.. but I dunno 'bout the new shop in Dundee bro...
                    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                      Sorry Lee - I've been away from the computer all weekend and have only just seen this post - the "new shop" I know of is in St Andrews and is co-owned by Les from Kingbee in Manchester.. he's using it to shift some of the stodgier rock-related stock and doubles of soul stuff he has...

.. but I dunno 'bout the new shop in Dundee bro...
                      Cheers Sie (& Rich) - yeah me and Mr Divine went to check it out on Saturday - pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by hayes
                        ooh, which version is this one- yellow or red label? i've been looking for the yellow label one since i first heard it a little while back- great tune, but seemingly out of my budget (on ebay, at least).. i always seeit going for $80+ ..
                        whats up

sorry for getting back to you so late but i don't have a computer and use the librarys. the gene williams is the yellow label one, i got it from josh powers who originally replied to my wants ad on the fryersrecords messageboard. he wanted $125 for it so i never bothered and waited til he put one ebay, i still think he has a few and he had a lot of other stuff on the label like the lee harris version etc, i can't remember his ebay username though , sorry! , maybe someone else on the board knows?

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB

I usually manage to turn up something in Grouchos on my infrequent visits - got the Mogul Thrash LP last time. Has it gone downhill of late?
                          how things ,

sorry for the late reply, the new shop isn't actually in dundee , it's in st. andrews. nice shop , not too bad prices , nice owner . grouchos hasn't been very good to me lately , you see the problem is that the get a lot of good shit in but most it doesn't go back out because my friend goes out with one of the co-owners daughters and he gets first shout on all the good stuff that comes in. a woman came in last week with a few good lps inc. a sealed copy of the tyrone thomas lp on the og label (can't remember what thats called again) and also the owner frank has been bringing in his own shit to my friend ( all these joe gibbs 12s and a few good 45s inc. we the people "breakdown" and night of the wolf on roulette), i never get to told when the good stuff comes in and i have spent thousands there over the years so i'm not going back in again, fuck 'em!

whats that mogul thrash lp ?? i'm not up on that

Comment

because my friend goes out with one of the co-owners daughters and he gets first shout on all the good stuff
                            So the co-owner has more than one daughter??? Get in there, my boy...
                            Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

whats up

sorry for getting back to you so late but i don't have a computer and use the librarys. the gene williams is the yellow label one, i got it from josh powers who originally replied to my wants ad on the fryersrecords messageboard. he wanted $125 for it so i never bothered and waited til he put one ebay, i still think he has a few and he had a lot of other stuff on the label like the lee harris version etc, i can't remember his ebay username though , sorry! , maybe someone else on the board knows?
                              his username is 'yo-i-got-beats'. be warned though - he can take ages to post things and is uncommunicative...

Comment

Working...
                              X