Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Callahan - London

Bill put on a really good show at the RFH last night,
    I had such a good seat and managed to take a few pics without bothering folks behind me

getting into the right head space

the seat in front of me was reserved for Purdey!

good but pretty dour support from Alasdair Roberts

his band are excellent, the guitarist on the left in particular

Bill nearly cracks a smile

the view from behind Joanna Lumley's seat

"this one is for the Head Gardener" aww, cheers Bill
    The Garden Facebook Blog

Saw them at the Ritz in Manchester last week, that support dude was torturous, and Callahan asked for all the downstairs bars in the venue to be closed while they were playing leaving the one upstairs bar the only one serving drinks pretty much all night, and they seemed to be on for ages, and some tall woman with a giant whitey-dread topknot sat right in front of us for most of it.

They were great but I think it was too big a venue to get the most out of their performance

Comment

Agree with all of HGs comments above

Made it to the Munich show last night - Bill Callahan – possibly the best I’ve seen him and the band play… Faultless set – perfect mood, flow and groove when it's needed – possibly the closest in ascetic would be Tim Buckley circa Lorca with the four piece line-up, but maybe that’s the hand percussion and use of rhythm that has me thinking this…

The support would have been Alasdair Roberts – It was last night – really like what he does – seen him a few times - although I can imagine is nasal Scottish folk spin on things not being ever ones bag…

Never been to the venue (the Freiheiz) before – indeed a top spot – nice old warm brick building, top sound, beer and an audience that doesn’t talk during the set… ace..!

Someone’s fire up a bit of footage already…

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Bit of the aforementioned Alasdair Roberts...

Comment

That's definitely a gig that I would have gone to for the support, and then left before the main act
          "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

no Alasdair Roberts fans..?

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
              no Alasdair Roberts fans..?
              Bad use of emoticon - I genuinely like Alastair Roberts, and can't abide clever clever Bill Callahan.
              "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Very rarely do I see the same band twice in one year… Bill Callahan this time in Frankfurt support once again by way of Alasdair Roberts…

Somewhat extended version of the “Drover” appeared on-line this morning… Sankt Peter – top venue…

Comment

Working...
                X