april homespins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• april homespins

not been out and about at all this month , so this chart consists of vinyl i have bought over the past 6 months that haven't made it on to previous charts, here's what i've been listening to this month.....

_45s_

rayfield reid "stickshift" jsj 45 ( killer funk verging on disco with great backing)
    norman,ronnie and earl "shugalu/soul at sonrise" volaire 45 ( i bought this for the soul at... side but then have never stopped playing the other side, great up tempo funk instrumental)
    eugene blacknell " the trip " boola boola 45 ( killer 45, nuff said)

_lps_

cos postealian train robbery bestseller/emi lp ( 2 killer tracks on this rare belgium lp)
    organic sound est lp (good version of pyhith that has one long drum break 3/4 thru, from the bay area of u.s.)
    blue mitchell the many shades of blue mainstream lp ( great lp with many great tracks , my fav being "where its at")
    sunny and the sunliners this is my band keyloc lp (great lp with grazing in the grass, soul power, mercy mercy mercy and banana juice)
    zaka preccusion space ?? lp (breaks all over this early eighties lp from france)
    konstalace voruby vaclav t'yfa supraphone lp ( killer east euro jazz lp from a great label)
    mike longo talking to the spirits pablo lp (nice lp all the way thru, but a couple of tracks are really nice, inc. one with a paz like beat at the start)
    kraftwerk electric cafe promo lp ( alrite, should have listened to it first)
    " " " " auto bahn lp (ditto)
    paul mccartney s/t lp capitol (miss america is the dogs nads)

thats about it for this month , hopefully i will have the digital camera up and running for the next chart.

Originally posted by soulful-illusion

blue mitchell the many shades of blue mainstream lp (great lp with many great tracks, my fav being "where its at")
    Just got that myself a fortnight ago. Most listenable (especially cheap!)
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

That Rayfield Reid is a favorite of mine as well.
      I love the sound they have.
      Last edited by djr; 13-04-2005, 01:06 AM. Reason: misspelled word
      http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X