Spontaneous Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spontaneous Chart

Since it's 4:15Am and I'm stranded at work. . . might as well improve my typing by hammering out a random chart. Here is what I've been spinning today to psyche myself up for the weekly HIGNFY all-nighter:

1) Paul, Ritchie & the Cryin' Shames - Come on Back - seem to be listening to this every morning. .. genius.

2) The Flies - Stepping Stone - mean.

3) William Orbit - Strange Cargo Vol. 3 - listening to this at 4am it seems err perfect. Perhaps it's just sending me to sleep then.

4) Faine Jade - Introspection - classic psych obscurity (so the liner notes told me). "Bad Guy" is great. . . actually the entire album is really absorbing.
    1956isdeadbutstillexistswithinyourhead ?

You're so b-b-Baaaaaaad. . .

5) Paul Mauriat - Keep Me Hangin' On - Mauriat's use of sitar is really crude in this loungey version, the relentless strumming is like a persistent wasp. Still annoyingly catchy though! I'm sure it's just a brief infatuation.

6) R Dean Taylor - There's a Ghost in My House - soulful but with a fuzzy backbone, sounds quite garagey. Sunday's sole decent car boot find demands rewinds. . .

7) Willie Mitchell - 30 - 60 - 90 - watching Get Carter the other night I thought the music in the club scene sounded familiar. . .

8) Hell Preachers Inc. - Supreme Psychedelic Underground - entertaining exploito-psych. "Let me shoot you baby" is great. No misogynism there.

9) Les Orme - Uomo Di Pezza - starting to quite like this Italian prog stuff quite a lot. Sounds a lot like Morricone. .. or vice-versa. Err well the last track . . ."L'Alienazione" does.

10) Can't think on 10).
    Last edited by Viva Chiba; 13-05-2005, 08:37 PM.

Originally posted by Viva Chiba
    2) The Flies - Stepping Stone - mean..
    Is that the Aussie 60's garage group "The Flies"?

6) R Dean Taylor - There's a Ghost in My House - soulful but with a fuzzy backbone, sounds quite garagey. Sunday's sole decent car boot find demands rewinds. . .
    I LOVE this song, and the 45 version is way better than the album one which lacks the urgency of the single.

Man, still at work at 4am! I feel for you...

Jamie.
    https://soundcloud.com/basicbasic

Comment

1) Paul, Ritchie & the Cryin' Shames - Come on Back - seem to be listening to this every morning. .. genius.
      Killer 45. Wish it had a US release, perhaps I could find a copy then...
      http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Flies 7" Stepping Stone is by a British Band...what a version though eh?....It melts your head and then moulds it into something else!!!
        Country be dyin like poor people do
        Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

like flies [ i do ] yes

a melting mind soup of distortion and proto-grunge vibrations - beyond freakbeat - it is one of the finest tracks ever by a uk band - i will fight you if you don't agree 'they call me mr'tipps'..
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

?!

There's a bit in Simon Napier Bell's autobiography "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" where he he says that the Flies pissed on their audience. . . at the 14 Hour Technicolour Dream (I think).

That's stage presence.

Yeah, the R Dean Taylor is pretty good. I found a hammered copy of "Gotta See Jane" yesterday, which is also no bad. . .

DJR, I can't afford/find originals either, get those Acme "Great British Psych Singles" boxsets. . . for the next best thing. . . really loud pressings man. Some really good titles for a fraction of what you'd pay for an original copy of this 7".

Of course the drawback is that most people have them on comps. . .personally I don't, and even if I did. . .quite nice to have them on '45. . . .
            Last edited by Viva Chiba; 13-05-2005, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Of course the drawback is that most people have them on comps. . .personally I don't, and even if I did. . .quite nice to have them on '45. . . .
              hehehe - go and say that over on the funk45 board - dare you!
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

I've been inspired to break out the 'Freakbeat Scene' CD and play it quite loud. The wife's away for the weekend, so the only folks I gotta worry about is the neighbors....'Echoes from the Wilderness' CD is next....maybe 'Clap Hands Daddy Come Home' LP after.....
                http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X