Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Clear-out top 5 + 1

Looking to resize your collection?
    If so please be prepared to come across records that you havn't clapped eyes on for years. Then play 'em & look back with fondness on your first forays into the world of the vinyl vulture.
    5 rescued 12"'s that had me doin' the turtle on the back room floor
    1) Original Concept "Bite'n My Style" b/w "Pump That Bass/Live (Get a Little Stupid...HO!). Def Jam. USA. 1986.
    Purchased from Expansion Records MC/R. Still has the £5- sticker on it. Pump That Bass still rocks hard. Party hip hop with super cuts and rock geetar. Big beats & and cool cut & paste. Bite'n My Style has a bass heavy JA vibe and lyrical stupidness from Dre & Ed Lover. Tells about buying Blue Fila threads only to go to a party & his mates mam had the same one on!
    2) Roxanne Shante - Have a Nice Day - Cold Chillin' USA 1987.
    Part rocker from Shante, gettin' her own back on KRS & the whole Boogie Down Bronx fro dissing her. Are there any battle/answer raps any more?
    3) Big Daddy Kane - Ill Take You There b/w Wrath of Kane - Cold Chillin' 1988
    Must have two copies of this 'cause I have tagged on my orgiginal one & this has no sloppy graf on it. The essential fast rap records & the one that turned me on to funk 45's (Givin' up Food For Funk). Long Live the Kane!
    4) De La Soul - Millie Pulled A Pistol On Santa - Tommy Boy USA 1991
    HOW GOOD IS THIS TRACK! De La Ruled. Keeping The Faith is the flip & using Bob Marley never sounded so good! Over Like A Fat Rat by Fonda Ray & two Funkadelic sampels. The lyrics are dope.
    5) M.C Shan "Beat Biter" b/w The Bridge. Bridge Records 1986.
    Marley Marl at the controls for this answer / diss record from MC Shan. LL Cool J get the wrath of Shans tounge for Bitin' his Beat. The Bridge is a straight reply (? which was 1st?) to BDP's South Bronx. Similar rhyming couplets and flow. Cool delivery from the Shan. Local issue I'd Guess! Bought off PR1 flea market for pence.

And now on to an LP that really should not exist, surely!
    This is madcap idea of having Jimmy Payne & Friends recording a live gig at Broardmoor High Secure Hospital. One of Jimmy's pals is none other than Jimmy Saville who graces the back & front of the sleeve. Endorsed by the Tea Council, Jimbo shows his appreciation by drinking a nice cuppa on the rear phot, adding in his liner notes "Country & Western music ranks high on the patients list of favourite sounds" ....."Even if it's not your kind of music, it's good to have in your collection!"
    Yeah well supose C&W beats the sound of voices in your head, but I bet many theraputic progressions were severly hampered by the nightmare brought on by this version of "Sloop John B". (The TEA COUNCIL provided T-Shirts with the "I'm Tea-riffic" logo on them. Bet they were worried about folk bitin' their stylie!

(Ocean Records Cat # OCL3001, JUST IN CASE IT CREEPS ON TO A FEW WANTS LISTS)
    BoneyVotel
    Lonely Jelly
    Last edited by BoneyVotel; 18-05-2005, 08:30 PM.
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Top chart Boney, with you all the way (well, I'm lost on the last one but that description is tremendous). Don't forget 'The Champ' in 'Keeping The Faith' either - nice of them to include the instrumentals.

Clearing out records is a great way of rediscovering bits I've forgotten about. Unfortunately I can never really get the hang of the 'clearing' bit. Anyway, I feel a change of signature coming on.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Cheers Rich. Kept the Sound Burger price tag from one i copped in Frodsham, Cheshire. Found it the other day inside a sleeve.
      'The Champ' eh! must re-listen.
      More charts to follow as I am clearing out in a most ineffective manner.

Comment

Stupid fresh all the way!!!!!

Takes me back just like Warrens chart....
        Country be dyin like poor people do
        Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel
          [B
          And now on to an LP that really should not exist, surely!
          This is madcap idea of having Jimmy Payne & Friends recording a live gig at Broardmoor High Secure Hospital. One of Jimmy's pals is none other than Jimmy Saville who graces the back & front of the sleeve. Endorsed by the Tea Council, Jimbo shows his appreciation by drinking a nice cuppa on the rear phot, adding in his liner notes "Country & Western music ranks high on the patients list of favourite sounds" ....."Even if it's not your kind of music, it's good to have in your collection!"
          Yeah well supose C&W beats the sound of voices in your head, but I bet many theraputic progressions were severly hampered by the nightmare brought on by this version of "Sloop John B". (The TEA COUNCIL provided T-Shirts with the "I'm Tea-riffic" logo on them. Bet they were worried about folk bitin' their stylie!

(Ocean Records Cat # OCL3001, JUST IN CASE IT CREEPS ON TO A FEW WANTS LISTS)[/B]

I've got this LP - it really does suck but the sleeve is ace - can't quite bring myself to release it back into the wild - Jimmy is sporting some top 'Jackie O' style shades on the back too!
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Boney, you keep the likes of "wrath of kane" and "the bridge" in the garage? whats in the house?!
            http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

oh, and i *think* the bridge came before south bronx (could be wrong though!)
              http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                I've got this LP - it really does suck but the sleeve is ace - can't quite bring myself to release it back into the wild - Jimmy is sporting some top 'Jackie O' style shades on the back too!
                Yer dam right, the sleeve is wicked.
                Cheers for the info Ben, oh & the main reason why I have such chumpies in the garage is that it acts a a smoke screen as to the amount of records I have & not the actual quality of the records.

Comment

Working...
                X