Byker Groove Chart Sun/29/05/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byker Groove Chart Sun/29/05/05

Okay, the idea was to get a pic of each Vulture with their fave tune from their own set. Sadly the idea dawned on me late on and a couple of people had gone by then (I think). Also lost the notepad, which had the info on it, but you can suss out most peoples choices from the pics.
    In alphabetical order:
    BONGOLIA

COLIN HERO

COL WOLFE

THE DIVINE ONE

LDJB

MANZO HERO

RICH HERO

SCRIPTFLIPER

SERMAD

SIE VULTURE

TOWNY

VIBRA
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Cool

Great Idea - But For The Ignorant And Short Of Sight [!!] What Are Tracks.

Looks Like A Crackin' 'do !

I SEE YOU LOST THE NOTEPAD-SORRY-I CAN SUSS OUT MOST OF THEM...

BUT THERE IS A FEW I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW..
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Nice idea and nice chart Col!

Originally posted by flytipper
      Great Idea - But For The Ignorant And Short Of Sight [!!] What Are Tracks.

Looks Like A Crackin' 'do !
      You can work out mine from the picture, I hope. Be interested to know more about my choice actually - by all accounts it's a Turkish press of an Iranian band (I think there's also a German press?). The a and b are quite different musically and the tune in question, Marcella, stops quite abruptly (almost as if someone pressed stop on the tape player ) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bootleg of another tune. As for the music, it's instrumental funk that rumbles in on a nice bassline, to be joined by biscuit tin drums and punchy horns.

Oh, and those are indeed the flames of hell behind me in the photo.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
        Oh, and those are indeed the flames of hell behind me in the photo.

have you noticed than neither me nor Rich are even making the slightest attempt to crack a smile, unlike the rest of the crew... OK, Col Wolfe is *deliberately* trying to be moody ( ), but I don't think I've got an excuse - apart from the fact that I was *concentrating* in order to hold the record sleeve straight... as I was really, rather pickled by that time...

... it's a shame that the notepad got lost - some of the comments (and handwriting) would have been amazing - remember - we'd been drinking for over 6 hours!
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Nice idea and nice chart Col!

You can work out mine from the picture, I hope. Be interested to know more about my choice actually - by all accounts it's a Turkish press of an Iranian band (I think there's also a German press?). The a and b are quite different musically and the tune in question, Marcella, stops quite abruptly (almost as if someone pressed stop on the tape player ) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bootleg of another tune. As for the music, it's instrumental funk that rumbles in on a nice bassline, to be joined by biscuit tin drums and punchy horns.
          great record - I was bidding on one on ebay last week but it went too high for me...
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
            have you noticed than neither me nor Rich are even making the slightest attempt to crack a smile...
            Check all the photos of me scattered over this board - I was simply making a concerted effort this weekend not to look a knob in the record of the event. Yes, yes, I can hear you...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Be interested to know more about my choice actually - by all accounts it's a Turkish press of an Iranian band (I think there's also a German press?). The a and b are quite different musically and the tune in question, Marcella, stops quite abruptly (almost as if someone pressed stop on the tape player ) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bootleg of another tune. As for the music, it's instrumental funk that rumbles in on a nice bassline, to be joined by biscuit tin drums and punchy horns.
              Callum has a copy of this, Rich. I've seen it vary wildly in price from about $10 to $75.00. Still haven't heard it personally though.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
                great record - I was bidding on one on ebay last week but it went too high for me...
                I paid $40-odd for mine John and there seem to be plenty about right now, so good luck!

Comment

I think Bongolia's was Cornell Campbell 'Duke Of Earl'
                  Mine was Derek David 'Morning After'
                  Andy Divine's was an OST 45 for 'Diabolik'
                  I think Vibra's CBS 45 was Ghetto Children....?
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

cheers guys

thanks for the info [ just me being over-inquisitve] it's a tough life being an anorak sometimes.

when / what is the event ?
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper
                      when / what is the event ?
                      The title of the chart may help you here..
                      It was held in Newcastle.
                      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe
                        I think Vibra's CBS 45 was Ghetto Children....?
                        Ghetto Children 'Rat-A-Tat-Tat', which also features on my current swap mix CD. And a right tasty fuzz soul groover it is too!
                        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
                        X