Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 to Begin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 10 to Begin

    As a proper intro to my musical tastes I thought I'd chart up 10 current faves. I encourage other such Geoff Loves to do the same. There are no pics or audio. Sorry .

    Petr Novak - Krasha a Zvire
    I could literally listen to this album all day everyday. Not a bad moment on it. It's mysterious since I don't speak Czech, but it seems like some sort of concept album. All the tracks are linked and it has an very cinematic feel to it. The music is quite diverse and ranges from Free Design-Poppy Family style psych/folk, proto-Portishead lounge to Black Sabbath guitar riffs and jazzy dancers. If anyone has more info on it, I would appreciate it.

    Robert Murphy - Pop Pudding
    "Scotch on the Rock" seems like the pick from this single, but I wanna give Pop Pudding it's due. A great bagpipe psych tune with generous amounts of fuzz guitar. Either way you can't go wrong.

    3 Hur El - Bostur Bos
    Hur El brothers do it again. A later single where they turn in the electric sazz for a big nasty hammond b3. The wah wah is cranked up , the rhythm is locked, and I swear they got ole scratch himself to play the organ solo.

    Aleph - Love Memories
    Spooky song alert. Some poet spittin verses over harpsichord, strings, vibes, and phased drums. "to know love is to know sorrow". deep man.

    B.J. Coulson - When I'm Kissing My Love
    There's never been a bad cover of this song. However, this version is the best. The drumbreak is crisp and wide open, and the wah wah is absolutely pornographic. Plus it was recorded live at a ski lodge. Watch also for her 8 min. "Squib Cakes" jam with requisite break and hammond.

    Baris Manco - Vurha Vur
    My favorite Baris song, that horn riff is always stuck in my head. Dancefloor mover as well. The flipside however freaks me out a little bit.

    Dart - Work Song
    First off, the album cover is just ridiculous. Four goofy Canadians posing for a prom picture with purple jackets, ruffled shirts, white tights, and otherwordly haircuts and mustaches. I can stare at it for hours. It all makes "Work Song" that much funnier when they talk about bloodying up a store owner. The song itself is all blue-eyed soul over a drum break with a killer hammond groove in the middle.

    Selcuk Alagoz - Malabandi Korpruso
    Selcuk is a bastard. He always gives you one side of funky fuzz bliss and one side of garbage. Here the fuzz guitar is turned to 11 and he moans over the beat like a turkish Serge Gainsbourg.

    Howard Wales - Karnaval
    I like any song that begins with a gong... then goes into a drumbreak and then a funky spaced out synth groove and ends with children chanting. Too bad this is the only one that I know.

    Shelton Kilby - Poor Wayfaring Stranger
    This is my unofficial theme. Small label Gospel jazz from Hollywood, so you know it's deep. Beautiful fender rhodes, a killer bassline, and snappy drums are like the holy trinity.

    stranger

  • #2
    great !!

    nice chart sir-welcome..
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

    Comment


    • #3
      seconded. great chart!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by the stranger
        Selcuk Alagoz - Malabandi Korpruso
        Selcuk is a bastard. He always gives you one side of funky fuzz bliss and one side of garbage. stranger

        yup tis fact

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by the stranger
          As a proper intro to my musical tastes I thought I'd chart up 10 current faves. I encourage other such Geoff Loves to do the same. There are no pics or audio. Sorry .

          Petr Novak - Krasha a Zvire
          I could literally listen to this album all day everyday. Not a bad moment on it. It's mysterious since I don't speak Czech, but it seems like some sort of concept album. All the tracks are linked and it has an very cinematic feel to it. The music is quite diverse and ranges from Free Design-Poppy Family style psych/folk, proto-Portishead lounge to Black Sabbath guitar riffs and jazzy dancers. If anyone has more info on it, I would appreciate it.
          google will turn up the same stuff i did, but a great lp indeed so. love me sum knihovna, means the library dontchaknow.
          word on the aleph track as well. topness.

          splendid chart sir.

          think i've got a spare if anyones interested.
          MODZ
          Hero No.9
          Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
          THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

          Comment


          • #6
            which one is Knihovna? My copy doesn't have any tracklisting, and if it does it's beyond me .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by the stranger
              which one is Knihovna? My copy doesn't have any tracklisting, and if it does it's beyond me .
              the one with the monster guitar break ya can't miss it
              its on my xmas swap cd somewhere............in a galaxy far far away.......
              MODZ
              Hero No.9
              Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
              THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

              Comment


              • #8
                Nice chart Stranger...welcome aboard!
                Mixes, compilations and the like

                Comment

                Working...
                X