Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the decks to the net, last nights 45 reverbs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only got the first three, cos I live in the middle of nowhere and it's not really in the same price bracket as Nuts. Of those three, the article on the Ultimate Breaks and Beats albums I reckon is pretty much authoritative, while something called the Butter Funk Era was one of the vaguest, worst-written things I've read. The 'Build Your Own 45 Boxes' carpentry guide remains my favourite one ever, though, as some guy constructs plywood boxes, learning from his mistakes and relating his ordeal in a hilariously earnest manner.

I’d love to see a book that really tells me about funk dance crazes (the popcorn, four corners, freeze etc, with diagrams), music technology (all those ‘rubber band’ songs seem to based on a flanging device), answer records, and the musical styles that grew up in various cities. The records may have been intended to be disposable, but they reflect the artistic, political and social background they came out of .
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

yes i'd agree on those articles actually and yes the Butter Funk Era thing was just indecipherable as i remember it.
      I completely agree with this comment...."The records may have been intended to be disposable, but they reflect the artistic, political and social background they came out of"......of course that is true but that isn't what i was disputing,even if i managed to appear that i was...my only problem is with a magazine that is dressed up as a journal and obviously sees itself as something more than just a magazine.I'm not certain that wax p really explores the artisitc,political or social backgrounds very well or in much depth.
      I don't really know how to make my point here other than to say that wax p comes across as a self important pretentious wanna be journal...but as i say,i still buy it 'cause i quite like it really.

Originally posted by babycart
      I've only got the first three, cos I live in the middle of nowhere and it's not really in the same price bracket as Nuts. Of those three, the article on the Ultimate Breaks and Beats albums I reckon is pretty much authoritative, while something called the Butter Funk Era was one of the vaguest, worst-written things I've read. The 'Build Your Own 45 Boxes' carpentry guide remains my favourite one ever, though, as some guy constructs plywood boxes, learning from his mistakes and relating his ordeal in a hilariously earnest manner.

I’d love to see a book that really tells me about funk dance crazes (the popcorn, four corners, freeze etc, with diagrams), music technology (all those ‘rubber band’ songs seem to based on a flanging device), answer records, and the musical styles that grew up in various cities. The records may have been intended to be disposable, but they reflect the artistic, political and social background they came out of .

Comment

Working...
      X