• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here they are, still on sale

https://www.chipsandcrisps.com/walke...ps-review.html

Phenomenal crisp

Kicking website that too.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
      Here they are, still on sale

https://www.chipsandcrisps.com/walke...ps-review.html

Phenomenal crisp

Kicking website that too.
      Branigans had completely slipped my mind.

I'm not sure I'd fancy a salt and vinegar peanut but maybe If I tried one I'd never look back.

I usually go for Kettles Salt and Vinegar but sometimes I get Tesco's own brand which, I'd say have more of an edge to them- maybe they have a bit of citric acid in there as well.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

That may be just about the most ridiculous flavour of crisp I've ever heard. I expect there are worse but they're not known to me. What an abomination.
        So you never came across Hedgehog?

https://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memo...-crisps?page=3

Comment

I'm not sure I'd fancy a salt and vinegar peanut but maybe If I tried one I'd never look back.
          For what it's worth, that's my story. Prog rock of salted snacks.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

The younger brother of a school mate used to put vinegar into a bag of salt and vinegar crisps (Walkers), give it a shake, then eat them with gusto

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
              The younger brother of a school mate used to put vinegar into a bag of salt and vinegar crisps (Walkers), give it a shake, then eat them with gusto

Yes, I've done that before with plain crisps and balsamic vinegar- not for a long time, though. I might resurrect that idea and maybe bring back 'frothy coffee' at the same time. Plain crisps with mango chutney was a favourite too.

Nice to hear of somebody doing something with 'gusto'. people hardly ever do anything with gusto now. There's a lot of grabbing goes on- grab a coffee, grab a coat, grab a shower, even- which I think is a bit coarse as we are taught not to grab things when we are young. If only people would collect a coffee with gusto, or enjoy a shower with gusto. Here begins the Bring Back Gusto campaign. I can see it ending here, too.

Comment

Me, my brother and sister all used to put vinegar on Ready Salted crisps. There was a strictly policed system on who got what flavour first from a multipack. If you were left with Ready Salted, you were left with little choice but to go full gusto on them with the malted vinegar. Problem is they went soggy.

We were all obsessed with Pickled Onion Monster Munch. Still a great snack!

Comment

[QUOTE=eine;n1048759
                  We were all obsessed with Pickled Onion Monster Munch. Still a great snack!
                  [/QUOTE]

I can't agree. My main gripe is Pickled Onion- there's no way. The other is deviance from crisps. The only non-crisp product I ever liked was Hula Hoops, maybe because they retained the potato as the main source for the ingredients. Never liked 'Skips' or any of the 'puffs'.

Comment

If only people would collect a coffee with gusto.
                    I always pick up my coffee and enjoy it with gusto.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

I always pick up my coffee and enjoy it with gusto.
                      I never doubted it but I'm afraid the majority these days are grabbers

Comment

...or any of the 'puffs'.
                        You won't be a Quavers man then? Tesco by me are doing a pack of 12 for a quid - I'm onto my second pack now. One of my earliest memories is Quaver-related. My Mom pushing me in my pushchair down to the local Co-op to do the daily grocery shopping. It probably wasn't every day, but I remember my lunch was then a ham sandwich and a bag of Quavers. There was a slight downside - to buy the ham from the meat counter you ran the risk of being served by a hairy-faced lady who I think was called Nora and who used to scare the life out of me. I think I was worried she might want to come round the counter and give me a kiss or something, what with me being such a cutie and everything

North of the River Cole

Comment

You won't be a Quavers man then?
                          Definitely not. Until you mentioned them I'd forgotten all about them. I can live without Pringles too.

I can picture you with your ham sandwich and Quavers, probably having a great time, not knowing you were slowly killing yourself with poisonous carbohydrates, and artificial flavours. I'm surprised you're still here.

Comment

Reckon I built up an immunity over the years. And artificial flavours are the best flavours. But the Quavers don't taste like they used to. Bit like Sugar Puffs. They used to be sticky with honey and 'stuff' and when the packet had been open a week or two they'd solidify into a block that you'd have to use a knife to crack in to - now they're practically a health food

I don't know if this is an urban myth or not and I can't be bothered to check right now but didn't beef and onion flavour crisps used to be flavoured with some kind of secretion from the anal glands of dogs? Or has my fevered imagination just made that up?

North of the River Cole

Comment

I don't know if this is an urban myth or not and I can't be bothered to check right now but didn't beef and onion flavour crisps used to be flavoured with some kind of secretion from the anal glands of dogs? Or has my fevered imagination just made that up?

Next time I'm visiting Elvis at his moonbase I'll ask him. It's the kind of esoterick knowledge that he has at his fingertips.

Comment

Seabrooks and Branigans are both available in Poundland stores across London and, I'd imagine, the rest of the UK.

I have previously commented on crisps on this here forum:

https://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/forum...6-crisps/page3

I consider this an exciting time however because Walkers' new Max Strong range has been tickling my tastebuds since I discovered them a few months ago. There seems to be a strange split of flavours available between different supermarkets but Co-op and Morrisons both stock my favoured flavour Jalapeno and Cheese in 150g bags.

And mention must be made of Snyders pretzel pieces (buffalo hot wing flavour being the best but all bar the salted caramel being good) and the similar knock-off brand that only comes in a tomato chilli flavour. These have the MSG cranked right up and are all the better for it.

One thing has remained the same since that discussion 15 years ago - the vanilla ice cream flavour Monster Munch are still the most disgusting flavour I've ever found.

I love crisps. I own this scarf

WF
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X