Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Normal crisps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
    I love crisps. I own this scarf

    WF
    We burn those spacers in one of our food energy lessons. We used to burn Monster Munch but the smell of them was terrible- this was before they were burnt! Hard to believe there was ever a vanilla ice cream flavour. According to the internet there were also Monster Munch that would turn your tongue a different colour.

    Some blast from the past names in that forum link. I remember when Son Of Stan posted that he was moving and so he was getting rid of all his records and did anyone want them. Sent a shiver down my spine it did.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

    Comment


    • #32
      Now that is a scarf I could have done with in 1988. Amazing.

      Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
      I consider this an exciting time however because Walkers' new Max Strong range has been tickling my tastebuds since I discovered them a few months ago.
      Extra Crunchy?
      https://www.chipsandcrisps.com/walke...ps-review.html

      If so, my favourite crisp.

      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

      Comment


      • #33
        KP Discos > Pringles

        Damned usurpers.

        Ditto Treets. Way better than M&Ms.
        Jet Boy stole my baby.

        Comment


        • #34
          I’ve always considered myself to be something of a connoisseur when it comes to crisps. I eat far too many bags but they’re something of an addiction for me.

          I was brought up in North Yorkshire, so Seabrooks were always a prominent brand when i was a kid (i think they are/were made in Bradford) but my favourite was always Walkers Cheese & Onion. The flavour and taste of those back in the 70s was way better than the current stuff (but no doubt far worse for your wasteline).

          My biggest gripe about crisp packets today is they seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I guess they are a victim of “shrinkflation” with multipack packets now down to as little as 24g per pack.

          Am i imagining things or, 30-40 years ago, were all packets not “grab bag” size of about 50g?

          Comment


          • #35
            [QUOTE=BoogieWithTheHook;n1048901

            My biggest gripe about crisp packets today is they seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I guess they are a victim of “shrinkflation” with multipack packets now down to as little as 24g per pack.

            Am i imagining things or, 30-40 years ago, were all packets not “grab bag” size of about 50g?[/QUOTE]


            I saw a picture of a Walkers packet from 1993, found on a local beach, and that was 30g. I also saw a photo of a thirty year old packet called Tudor. That's a new brand on me- from Northumberland it seems.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	tudor.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1048906
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

            Comment


            • #36
              https://twitter.com/AccidentalP/stat...46453042348032
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post


                I saw a picture of a Walkers packet from 1993, found on a local beach, and that was 30g. I also saw a photo of a thirty year old packet called Tudor. That's a new brand on me- from Northumberland it seems.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	tudor.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1048906
                I liked Tudor crisps, and those gammon ones were a favourite choice. Not as good as Seabrooks, though. Also famous for iconic advert featuring the brutalist glory of the Dunston Rocket

                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by babycart View Post

                  I liked Tudor crisps, and those gammon ones were a favourite choice. Not as good as Seabrooks, though. Also famous for iconic advert featuring the brutalist glory of the Dunston Rocket

                  Still a mystery to me but that ad has really cheered me up.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by babycart View Post

                    I liked Tudor crisps, and those gammon ones were a favourite choice. Not as good as Seabrooks, though. Also famous for iconic advert featuring the brutalist glory of the Dunston Rocket

                    Proper old school "chip shop" flavours too - pickled onion and tomato sauce flavours!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

                      Proper old school "chip shop" flavours too - pickled onion and tomato sauce flavours!
                      They tried to go a bit more upmarket later, as the following clips show.



                      This radio ad was the most iconic toon ad ever though. It won an award for its devastating minimalism, brought hundreds to Mr Rahman's door, was remixed Paul Hardcastle style and led to a double act with Jamie from Tile Warehouse.

                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Were these ads only shown up North? I have no recollection of them whatsoever- or the crisps.

                        Mr Rahman ad is great. You used to get ads a bit like that at the cinema, in-between films- often for local car hire places, or Indian restaurants. There was also the local nightclub Sweeney's which was, "The only nightclub to promise you 100% capacity crowds".
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                          Were these ads only shown up North? I have no recollection of them whatsoever- or the crisps.

                          Mr Rahman ad is great. You used to get ads a bit like that at the cinema, in-between films- often for local car hire places, or Indian restaurants. There was also the local nightclub Sweeney's which was, "The only nightclub to promise you 100% capacity crowds".
                          Tyne Tees showed the ads. I never saw Tudor crisps much further south.
                          Mr Rahman was amazing. Local radio is an incessant din of chatter, jingles, music etc, then that came on. It was like Mr Rahman had seized the airwaves.
                          We still get local ads in the cinema here - "Just 3 minutes from this cinema"
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X