Sainsbury's Own Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsbury's Own Label

For anybody who may be interested Jonny Trunk has just put out a slightly expanded edition of his Sainsbury's Own Label book to coincide with an exhibition at The Design Museum. If you're after one it'll save you paying £50 on Ebay.
    Okay I just went to get the link to the Trunk Shoppe and it says out of stock. It will be elsewhere, though- The Design Museum for one.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

You can order it directly from the publisher too:
    In 1962, when Peter Dixon joined the Sainsbury’s Design Studio, a remarkable revolution in packaging design began. The supermarket was developing its distinctive range of Own Label products, and Dixon’s designs for the line were revolutionary: simple, stripped down, creative, and completely different from what had gone before. Their striking modernity pushed the boundaries, reflecting a period full of optimism. They also helped build Sainsbury’s into a brand giant, the first real ‘super’ market of the time. This book examines and celebrates this paradigm shift that redefined packaging design, and led to the creation of some of the most original packaging ever seen.

Comment

Yes, but far fewer available this time. 5000 on the first run but only about 1000 this time. 400 of those are at the design museum, Trunk Shoppe sold 50 so maybe about 500 on general sale.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

If Sainbury's had half a brain they'd use those designs again this year for their 150th anniversary.
        'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Think they have started using a few for bags etc.

Comment

Working...
          X