Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hitch Hike

Yeah - good little terror movie with David "Speedy Gonzales" Hess. Always have a hard time picturing the only superstar of the terror movie genre (he also terrorized in House at the Edge of the Park, so playing the bad guy in 3 movies in such a peripheral genre makes him the genres major star) also writing songs like that...
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Mrs E out again last night so I took the opportunity to watch Cannibal Apocalypse
      Hadn't seen it for ages since I picked it up in my post office and I hadn't been very impressed the first time
      But this time I thought it was really good
      Very interesting concept that war makes us into animals and that the 'sickness' spreads.
      Creditable performances from John Saxon and Giovanni Radice and overall well shot and directed.
      In some ways its has more in common with zombie flicks than cannibal flicks - albeit flesh eating zombies who aren't dead and who are really human! I thought it had strong links to Croenberg's Rabid
      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Re-watched Du Levande (You, the living) recently. It's extremely pretentious so I should hate Roy Andersson. But it works. Very sad, tragic and utterly hilarious. OK, it gets a little bit slow and boring in places but several scenes made me laugh until stomach hurt. Maybe I don't disklike pretentious and arty movies - maybe it's just so very difficult to make one that works all the way not many people in the world can succeed and get away with it? Opening scene and credits subtitled below - if you think it's amusing you should seek it out:

"Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
          That's THE HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK with david Hess.

I'd love a copy of "Hitch Hike" - been dying to see it for ages. Also with David Hess innit?
          So is it a knock off of Last House On The Left without David Hess?
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• Well for those of you with kids especially young girls I would fully recommend

spirited away

a real amazing film!
            Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
              So is it a knock off of Last House On The Left without David Hess?
              No (apologies if i'm reading your post wrong?)
              HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY is one of the weker Fulci films about a zombie doctor living under a young families house. It's pretty boring, but does have that blonde, big-teeth kid who's in lots of Eurotrash films from that period ("warriors of the wasteland" etc...)
              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• I've been watching the first few episodes of Channel 4 drama/thriller Utopia. Basically a classic conspiracy theory type thing but with some really nasty violence and a genuinely dark atmosphere. Graphic novels, genetic terrorism and torture are making a nice mixture for me. Even though there are some plot holes (and the Jessica Hide character is really annoying) I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                  I've been watching the first few episodes of Channel 4 drama/thriller Utopia. Basically a classic conspiracy theory type thing but with some really nasty violence and a genuinely dark atmosphere. Graphic novels, genetic terrorism and torture are making a nice mixture for me. Even though there are some plot holes (and the Jessica Hide character is really annoying) I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

Ripper Street.Brilliant period crime drama! cant get enough of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                    I've been watching the first few episodes of Channel 4 drama/thriller Utopia. Basically a classic conspiracy theory type thing but with some really nasty violence and a genuinely dark atmosphere. Graphic novels, genetic terrorism and torture are making a nice mixture for me. Even though there are some plot holes (and the Jessica Hide character is really annoying) I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
                    Agreed - really strong stuff. That bit when 'the killer' has to finish off the teachers and schoolkids - and even he struggles to complete the task - that was a powerful scene. Like you I'm enjoying the mix of emotions and story threads and the intrigue.
                    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

• been watching this today

bbc - when albums ruled the world

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...led_the_World/

Comment

• [QUOTE=Brainbomb;509814]It's extremely pretentious so I should hate Roy Andersson. But it works. QUOTE]

Saw his Songs from the second floor during the hysteria. Can see why people rate his style but also found it unnecessarily heavy both in style and mood. Felt like what I imagine the DDR must have been like. Didn't it end with that slow overweight office guy standing in a big garbage dump or something? Phew.....

Comment

• It's me again............

Right, so I watched my first Walking dead episode followed by From dusk till dawn. Felt like 2,5 hrs of monotonous zombie and vampire splattering without much suspense or creepyness. Don't think I'll be following WD. Or watch much more graphic horror or action for a while.

Btw, WD director Ernest Dickinson has come a long way since he was Spike Lee's director of photography ...

Comment

• I got the impression that The Walking Dead may combine the most tedious aspects of zombie movies with the more tedious aspects of a soap opera.
                            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• The first of the new series of Black Mirror. Hmmmm.
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                                I got the impression that The Walking Dead may combine the most tedious aspects of zombie movies with the more tedious aspects of a soap opera.
                                I really liked the first episode, it was quite silent and creepy, but am halfway through the second series now and it's a bit tiresome. Too many episodes (is this a problem with all these American programmes? not really watched any other recent US series, and this isn't making me want to watch any more).

Still enjoying Utopia a lot though

Comment

Working...
                                X