Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Room 237 this evening.

A film critique in which a series of continuity errors made by a director with a Mensa IQ really mean much much more...

I enjoyed it..!
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Comment

• 'Maniac'.

I'm a little tired of all these heavy pulsating Eighties synth soundtracks post-Drive but it's nice to see a nasty slasher reboot on the big screen. It loses some of the seediness in translation though.
        http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
          'Maniac'.

I'm a little tired of all these heavy pulsating Eighties synth soundtracks post-Drive but it's nice to see a nasty slasher reboot on the big screen. It loses some of the seediness in translation though.
          Is that a remake of the 1980 movie?
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Yes with Elijah Woods.
            http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

• Last night I saw Once for the first time
              Although there were some teeth gratingly bad moments I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it overall
              The music had its moments - although I won't be rushing out to buy the cd
              "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
                Yes with Elijah Woods.
                I love the original - a slasher movie that feels truly sick and nasty on a psychological level as well as gore-wise. My DVD has a short bonus documentery on the guy who plays the killer and that one is really interesting and recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                  I love the original - a slasher movie that feels truly sick and nasty on a psychological level as well as gore-wise. My DVD has a short bonus documentery on the guy who plays the killer and that one is really interesting and recommended.
                  Sounds intense. Much worse than Maniac Cop then (by Lustig as well if I'm correct)? I belive the actor is Joe Spinell who also plays the corrupt lawyer in Lustig's Vigilante. Another trash film that luckily now is on DVD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                    Sounds intense. Much worse than Maniac Cop then (by Lustig as well if I'm correct)? I belive the actor is Joe Spinell who also plays the corrupt lawyer in Lustig's Vigilante. Another trash film that luckily now is on DVD.

Ooh - never heard of "Vigilante", will check it out. Joe Spinelli is pretty creepy in everything he's in... must have been a curse! He pops up in some New Hollywood stuff too, like "Stay Hungry", which is great.
                    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                      Ooh - never heard of "Vigilante", will check it out. Joe Spinelli is pretty creepy in everything he's in... must have been a curse! He pops up in some New Hollywood stuff too, like "Stay Hungry", which is great.
                      Great if you like your simple, straight-forward revenge films. Fred Williamson'spening macho monologue is worth the prize of admission. And Willie Colon plays an insane gang leader who pours gasoline in innocent women.

Comment

• Attention Joe Spinell fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                          Attention Joe Spinell fans!

Wow. Amazing. Thanks.

Comment

• Wait, Spinell wasn't Andy Kaufmann's body double/silent partner, was he?!

Comment

• Originally posted by medlar View Post
                              The first of the new series of Black Mirror. Hmmmm.
                              I thought that was good. The third episode was the best for me.

Watching Sons of Anarchy as acceptable middle ground viewing with the girlfriend and started Portlandia.

Comment

• Just discovered the Charles Bronson movie Mr. Majestyk on VHS for 1 DKR (~ 0.13 Euro) this weekend. Great. Also got Death Wish and have recently seen Violent City. Think I now like Bronson more than both Eastwood and Stallone.

Comment

Working...
                                X