Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    I feel like I've just come on here to agree with everyone today BUT I totally agree with this, very entertaining. I'm onto the 3rd episode and enjoying it. Lots of great music cues and snippets, I even spotted the Seeds in the first episode. I am annoying my wife by shouting out the 80's film references though.
    Exit by TD in the fight scene was a great fit!
    MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
      I feel like I've just come on here to agree with everyone today BUT I totally agree with this, very entertaining. I'm onto the 3rd episode and enjoying it. Lots of great music cues and snippets, I even spotted the Seeds in the first episode. I am annoying my wife by shouting out the 80's film references though.
      Exit by TD in the fight scene was a great fit!
      MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

• In the last fortnight i've seen:
        Room: Woman and boy confined in a room by a rapist.
        10 Cloverfield Lane: Woman and man confined in a bunker by a survivalist
        Green Room: Punk band confined in a room by Nazi skins
        The Shallows - Thin-faced beach babe confined on a rock by a vengeful shark.

The beach in The Shallows is amazing. The water is calm and gentle until she wants to surf, when it suddenly chucks up amazing barrels that break both left and right. It is home to one crab, one seagull, one shark, a school of dolphins, one mystifyingly-located marker buoy and no fish at all.
        Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• I've been watching the fifth Season of The Walking Dead. Keeping it old skool. Its' possibly better than the fourth.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• I've just finished watching 'Mr Robot' Season 1 have to admit I had my suspicions before the payoff.
            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

• I watched 'Penda's Fen' on DVD yesterday. A bit intense to say the least. One of those films (well, a play, if we're being pedantic) that you'd be more comfortable writing an essay on, than actually absorbing and enjoying. I think everyone watching it would see something different. I watched the supplementary documentary / interviews before the main feature, just to give me a way in. In hindsight, not sure I should have done that as it slightly skewed my perspective. I thought it was both of it's time, yet completely relevant. Recommended.

And scored by Paddy Kingsland.

With that and BBC2's excellent 'Versus..' film on Ken Loach (plus I watched 'Bad Lieutenant' (Abel Ferrara and Zoe Lund's original) again), a good cinematic weekend was had.
              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

• Anyone been catching the Sunday 1950's sci fi films on the Quest channel? This Sunday's is Tarantula at 16.30. Watch out for a very young Clint Eastwood! The next Sunday 14th is The Creature Walks Among Us at 16.00.
                eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                  I watched 'Penda's Fen' on DVD yesterday. A bit intense to say the least. One of those films (well, a play, if we're being pedantic) that you'd be more comfortable writing an essay on, than actually absorbing and enjoying. I think everyone watching it would see something different. I watched the supplementary documentary / interviews before the main feature, just to give me a way in. In hindsight, not sure I should have done that as it slightly skewed my perspective. I thought it was both of it's time, yet completely relevant. Recommended.

I watched it on youtube about two years ago and I'm looking forward to seeing it again now it has a proper release.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                    I watched 'Penda's Fen' on DVD yesterday. A bit intense to say the least. One of those films (well, a play, if we're being pedantic) that you'd be more comfortable writing an essay on, than actually absorbing and enjoying. I think everyone watching it would see something different. I watched the supplementary documentary / interviews before the main feature, just to give me a way in. In hindsight, not sure I should have done that as it slightly skewed my perspective. I thought it was both of it's time, yet completely relevant. Recommended.

I watched it on youtube about two years ago and I'm looking forward to seeing it again now it has a proper release.

John Peel

Comment

• Has anyone else recently been mostly watching The Quincy Jones prom at The Albert Hall? Excellent.
                      record licker

Comment

• Almost finished with watching the first six episodes of The Get Down on Netflix. To anyone whos unfamiliar, it portrays a group of teens growing up in NYC during the late 70ies, touching on the political/social turmoil of the city as well as the music scene, with the high times of Disco as well as the beginnings of the Hip-Hop culture.

I saw on DWG that the show got a lot of bad feedback, a lot I must agree with (historical inaccuracy being one of the main points as well as Nas being one of the executive producers who just couldnt resist throwing in some live-footage of himself during a few episodes)..

In any case the Hollywood-esqueness always seeps through (even though the cast is flakey in parts, with Keving Corrigan as the cocaine-burnt-out A&R being one of the better choices), which kind of hinders the show being more "real" as The Wire was back in its hey-days.

Still though, it kept me watching even with its many flaws since I didnt really expect it to be a spot-on documentary of those times.. So its one of those 7/10-shows in my book.

Music-wise its full of classic breaks with the show also portraying the birth of the Hip-Hop "beat" and MCing with some nice scenes giving credit to the pioneering work of Flash, Herc, Bambaata and the likes.
                        Last edited by Beater Pan; 23-08-2016, 09:38 AM. Reason: better summary
                        Hip-Hop: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan

Everything else: https://mixcloud.com/beater-pan

Instagram: http://instagram.com/beater_pan

Comment

• People just do nothing.
                          Pure genius.
                          Kurrupt FM.
                          Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
                            People just do nothing.
                            Pure genius.
                            Kurrupt FM.
                            Chabuddy G is the star- I'd definitely buy peanut dust from him.
                            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• I see where you're coming from and the 'Internet cafe' was world class, but Steves is the 'dark horse' it's all about nana.
                              Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

• 'The Epic Of Everest' on BBC4 last night. Wonderful, evocative film of some British people attempting to go up Everest in what were essentially the same clothes they would wear at home but more of them. Simon Fisher Turner's new score didn't jar in the least. The early footage of the terrain around Everest is especially atmospheric.
                                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                                X