Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post

    I quite liked Unbreakable.
    Haven't seen Split but people say its good.
    Can't belive he did that crap Will Smith and son space crap.
    I liked it. The monsters were blind but could smell fear. You'd have thought that would just make people not frightened of them, but no. The mere fact that they smelt fear made them frightening, or made you frightened of being frightened or something.
    I can go a good hour pondering that sort of stuff after a spliff.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

    Comment


    • Gideon's Way TV series circa 1965 - never seen these before - some great London locations feature - here's one with "Mr Knack" himself Ray Brooks and his amazing quiff:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
        Gideon's Way TV series circa 1965 - never seen these before - some great London locations feature - here's one with "Mr Knack" himself Ray Brooks and his amazing quiff:

        Saw Ray Brooks a couple of nights ago in an episode of 'Randall and Hopkirk' playing a, supposedly, reincarnated Marty Hopkirk. I really like his LP (Ray Brooks, not Marty Hopkirk).
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

        Comment


        • MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE written and directed by Stephen King. Makes me wonder if filmmakers were as stoned in the 80's as in the 70's...

          Comment


          • He's making the most of that lazy eye in that trailer.

            I remember when this came out and looking forward to it and being disappointed that it was just some random machinery coming alive and trying to kill people with no explanation. I would have been a young teenager at the time, has it held up over the years?

            The soundtrack to the trailer sounds superb.

            Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
            MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE written and directed by Stephen King. Makes me wonder if filmmakers were as stoned in the 80's as in the 70's...

            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

            Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

            Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

            Comment


            • Originally posted by amidar View Post
              He's making the most of that lazy eye in that trailer.

              I remember when this came out and looking forward to it and being disappointed that it was just some random machinery coming alive and trying to kill people with no explanation. I would have been a young teenager at the time, has it held up over the years?

              The soundtrack to the trailer sounds superb.


              It works best if you're in the mood for random, unexplained machinery coming alive-sillyness. Like Duel VS Tremoers VS Cannonball Run.

              Comment


              • Watched ALTERED STATES for the first time. Love discovering classics. From 1980, dir. by Ken Russell and starring William Hurt in his debut I believe. About science experiments on the human mind in a sensory deprivation tank gone wrong. Great early 1980s atmosphere and psychotronic hallucination montages.

                Comment


                • I've never liked the 'unexplained machinery coming alive' thing but I do like Duel and I love the Cannonball Run movies. 'Altered States' is brilliant and another huge influence on 'Legion' I wager which is still the best thing on TV at the moment although the wife still argues that it's 'The Handmaids Tale' which I find unbearably almost nail bitingly bleak even though that is probably the point.

                  Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post

                  It works best if you're in the mood for random, unexplained machinery coming alive-sillyness. Like Duel VS Tremoers VS Cannonball Run.
                  Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                  Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                  Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                  Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                  Comment


                  • My viewing is much more prosaic it would appear. New 'Inspector Montalbano' is what gets me through the week. Of course I can't see anything which is not terrestrial but I like it that way.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                      My viewing is much more prosaic it would appear. New 'Inspector Montalbano' is what gets me through the week. Of course I can't see anything which is not terrestrial but I like it that way.
                      I read a couple of the Montalbano books before my missus got addicted to the series, and I am always deeply disappointed by his balcony.
                      In the books it's all wild and tumbledown and beautiful. On TV it's bit shit, overlooking a dirty town beach, and he doesn't even have a pot plant out there. And he looks like one of the Mitchell brothers.
                      I'm surprised so many gorgeous women sleep with him, to be honest.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	papermoon-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1043451
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by babycart View Post


                        I'm surprised so many gorgeous women sleep with him, to be honest.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	papermoon-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1043451
                        I think it's because he is such a caring chap, and always looking out for the ladies. Mrs SK says he's got bandy legs. I like the way his girlfriend has changed completely about four or five times despite supposedly being the same person. I think they used a German woman once who had to be dubbed.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                        Comment


                        • Watched this entertaining documentary about Germaine Greer the other night - it included a very VG+ sequence where she flicked through a pile of her old records before saying they'd all probably end up at Oxfam...

                          https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...uggid=b0b6q27f

                          Comment


                          • Things I watch on Netflix:

                            Aggretsuko. Japanese anime about a cute l'il red panda and her life as an downtrodden wage slave. The only way she can relieve the anxiety and depression of her sad life is by singing death metal songs at karaoke clubs.

                            The Sniffer. Russian tv series about a man with super-smell sense. Not really very good but watchable.

                            Mob Psycho 100 - Japanese saga about a schoolboy with superhuman powers but who doesn't really want them.

                            One-Punch Man - this was really good. Another Japanese anime about a superhuman who's so strong he can win his fights with one punch. Very likeable character and an amusing series.

                            Orange Is the New Black - I enjoyed all 5 series of this prison drama.

                            Black Mirror - always good.

                            Better Call Saul - even better than Breaking Bad imo.


                            Things I hated - The Sopranos. Naff drama with storylines that didn't go anywhere, bad acting and .... just totally unbelievable. Yes, I know One Punch Man isn't exactly plausible - but it's more believable than Sopranos imo.

                            24 - I hated this even more than Sopranos. Horribly manipulative drama with absolutely nothing to redeem it. I only watched the first season and ended up skipping whole episodes just so I could see what happened at the end. Wasn't worth the effort.

                            Prison Break. Oh dear. The pits.
                            galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

                            Comment


                            • I thought you were making those up until I got to "Orange Is the New Black"...!

                              Is that the same 24 that was on years ago? Started watching it then - dreadful.

                              Just watched the Belgian series "Salamander" on iplayer (only up for another 2 or 3 days), maybe didn't live up to the promise of the first couple of episodes, but was enjoyable enough

                              Comment


                              • Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	1044099
                                Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                                I thought you were making those up until I got to "Orange Is the New Black"...!

                                Is that the same 24 that was on years ago? Started watching it then - dreadful.

                                Just watched the Belgian series "Salamander" on iplayer (only up for another 2 or 3 days), maybe didn't live up to the promise of the first couple of episodes, but was enjoyable enough
                                There's a ton of great Japanese anime on netflix .... I just choose one at random to watch. MrsX likes them too.

                                Yes - 24 - the Kiefer Sutherland series. Terrible stuff. You need to be quite brain damaged to get anything out of it I think.

                                Aggretsuko ...... yesssss
                                galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X