Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bongolia View Post
    I thought you were making those up until I got to "Orange Is the New Black"...!

    Is that the same 24 that was on years ago? Started watching it then - dreadful.

    Just watched the Belgian series "Salamander" on iplayer (only up for another 2 or 3 days), maybe didn't live up to the promise of the first couple of episodes, but was enjoyable enough
    Oooh, we like Salamander. Maybe because it's on normal telly. We can't believe how anybody likes him as they will invariably die if they do. In the first series his poor old wife bought it and we thought that would teach him a lesson, but it didn't; he was still banging on about Salamander.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

    Comment


    • 'The Sniffer'! I thought they had done every idea imaginable in the cop genre or person with unique abilities gets advisory role working for crime solving agency genre but it takes the Russians to come up with the idea of a guy with super smelling skills solving stuff. I agree about 'Better call Saul' it had a slow build but really got into it's stride. I wonder when the 3rd series comes out, hope it hasn't got the chop!

      Tonight we'll probably watch the special 2 hour conclusion Netflix made for 'Sense8' after they canceled it last year. A series which had a brilliant albeit complicated premise but once established was just a beautiful programme with some of the most stunningly edited scenes ever made and genuine tension. I think it probably came down to the fact the whole first series required a lot of investment from the viewer to make season 2 such a joy and it probably didn't have the viewers to justify something that I would think cost a silly amount of money to make. Good of them to bow to pressure and actually make some kind of conclusion as it ended on a right old cliffhanger.

      It's all about 'Legion' for me and waiting on the new series of 'Mr Robot' to come out. To enjoy these I have to compromise and watch 'The Handmaid's Tale' the most doom laden show ever. Blessed Be!
      Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

      Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

      Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

      Comment


      • Have been watching the 3 part BBC 4 series on African music (Nigeria, South Africa, Mali) with Rita Ray. Like all these things the interviews are often too short and it's a bit lightweight overall, but I guess they can't devote too much of their schedule to something so unimportant when there's TotP 1985 and so on to repeat endlessly.

        Not watched South Africa yet (in case it was all boring SA jazz, don't hate me), but Mali and Nigeria were good. Interviews with Orlando Julius, Victor Uwaifo (his house was nuts), Toumani Diabate, etc

        Comment


        • SOLO - Useless, but somehow I could enjoy it as just another good-looking space adventure.

          DEADPOOL 2 - Same, except I didn't have any Star Wars nostalgia invested in it.

          Comment


          • BLUE SUNSHINE - Gave it another try. Like the look and atmosphere (reminds me of Cronenberg's SHIVERS), but it didn't seem to take advantage of the premise.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by amidar View Post
              'The Sniffer'! I thought they had done every idea imaginable in the cop genre or person with unique abilities gets advisory role working for crime solving agency genre but it takes the Russians to come up with the idea of a guy with super smelling skills solving stuff.
              This show just gets better. The first few episodes of the first series I thought watchable but a bit thin. Now halfway through the second series and it gets more and more intriguing.
              There's several storyline strands that keep developing but where they are heading .... it's impossible to say. The writers keeping their cards VERY close to their chests.
              It also has the right balance of humour and suspense. There's a very evil character who it's fun to hate too. I give this series a very strong 7 out of 10 (or perhaps even a weak 8).
              galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

              Comment


              • Started watching "Wild, Wild Country" on Netflix which is a documentary series about the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his group on this ranch in Oregon. Was only vaguely aware of them and haven't been reading anything more to spoil the story - it gets crazier every episode. The background music is pretty good too




                edit - ha, just realised I have a meditation LP recorded at his earlier ashram in India on my wantlist
                Last edited by bongolia; 26-06-2018, 10:54 AM.

                Comment


                • 'Flowers' on Channel 4. I didn't see the first series and the new one one was on every night for a week so I had to record it. Certainly jolly odd and I have very little idea about what was going on. I really liked the last episode which departed from the previous four and stood alone. Once again I'm not entirely sure what it was about but I saw it as a vision of a modern Eden. No idea if that's what it was supposed to be, and maybe my idea of Eden is a bit different to other people's but climbing trees, and drinking and talking all night in a green English landscape would come pretty close for me.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                  Comment


                  • I had to stop myself reading up on it too as I was convinced it was all a load of cleverly edited cobblers. #TeamSheela

                    Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                    Started watching "Wild, Wild Country" on Netflix which is a documentary series about the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his group on this ranch in Oregon. Was only vaguely aware of them and haven't been reading anything more to spoil the story - it gets crazier every episode. The background music is pretty good too




                    edit - ha, just realised I have a meditation LP recorded at his earlier ashram in India on my wantlist
                    Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                    Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                    Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                      Have been watching the 3 part BBC 4 series on African music (Nigeria, South Africa, Mali) with Rita Ray. Like all these things the interviews are often too short and it's a bit lightweight overall, but I guess they can't devote too much of their schedule to something so unimportant when there's TotP 1985 and so on to repeat endlessly.

                      Not watched South Africa yet (in case it was all boring SA jazz, don't hate me), but Mali and Nigeria were good. Interviews with Orlando Julius, Victor Uwaifo (his house was nuts), Toumani Diabate, etc
                      Ooh, the Nigeria episode is on yootoob. Excellent!

                      Thanks for the tip!
                      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                      Comment


                      • This is great! Men hitting big lumps of wood. TV doesn't get any better:

                        KIMU Txalaparta Arditurriko Meategian, Oiartzun - Bakarka

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8M4dUgAjjE
                        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                        Comment


                        •  
                          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                          Comment


                          • Ring A Ding Rhythm 1962. Original title It's Trad Dad. On today on Talking Pictures TV 18.05pm and again this Sunday 12.45pm. Helen Shapiro, John Leyton, Gene Vincent, Aker Bilk and more.

                            Next Wednesday 11th July on Talking Pictures TV, Rock You Sinners 1958 4.50 AM. Musical. A disc-jockey gets his own TV show and becomes a star. Starring Jackie Collins and featuring many musical acts of the 50's - Tony Crombie and his Rockers, Rory Blackwell and the Blackjacks, Art Baxter and his Rockin' Sinners.,

                            More music films on Talking Pictures.

                            Friday 20th July. Dateline Diamonds. 1965. Directed By Jeremy Summers. Comedy musical stars The Small Faces, The Chantelles and Kiki Dee. Lester Benson (Kenneth Cope) the manager of top rock band The Small Faces, is hiding a secret.

                            Monday 23rd. 9.30AM. Every Day's A holiday. 1964. Musical starring John Leyton, Mike Sarne, Freddie & the Dreamers, Ron Moody, Liz Fraser, Nicholas Parsons and Danny La Rue. A group of high-spirited teens find friendship, love & music.

                            Saturday 28th July. Idol On Parade. 18.15 PM. 1959. Comedy. Directed by John Gilling. Stars Anthony Newley, William Bendix & Anne Aubrey. Newley is a pop singer called up to serve in the British army.
                            eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                              Ring A Ding Rhythm 1962. Original title It's Trad Dad. On today on Talking Pictures TV 18.05pm and again this Sunday 12.45pm. Helen Shapiro, John Leyton, Gene Vincent, Aker Bilk and more.

                              Next Wednesday 11th July on Talking Pictures TV, Rock You Sinners 1958 4.50 AM. Musical. A disc-jockey gets his own TV show and becomes a star. Starring Jackie Collins and featuring many musical acts of the 50's - Tony Crombie and his Rockers, Rory Blackwell and the Blackjacks, Art Baxter and his Rockin' Sinners.,

                              More music films on Talking Pictures.

                              Friday 20th July. Dateline Diamonds. 1965. Directed By Jeremy Summers. Comedy musical stars The Small Faces, The Chantelles and Kiki Dee. Lester Benson (Kenneth Cope) the manager of top rock band The Small Faces, is hiding a secret.

                              Monday 23rd. 9.30AM. Every Day's A holiday. 1964. Musical starring John Leyton, Mike Sarne, Freddie & the Dreamers, Ron Moody, Liz Fraser, Nicholas Parsons and Danny La Rue. A group of high-spirited teens find friendship, love & music.

                              Saturday 28th July. Idol On Parade. 18.15 PM. 1959. Comedy. Directed by John Gilling. Stars Anthony Newley, William Bendix & Anne Aubrey. Newley is a pop singer called up to serve in the British army.
                              Talking Pictures TV are certainly pulling out some obscure ones - I've never heard of that "dateline diamonds" one before but will be giving it a go.

                              I watched the start of "I've gotta horse" with Billy Fury in it a while back - until my wife made me turn it off - very bizarre...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

                                I watched the start of "I've gotta horse" with Billy Fury in it a while back - until my wife made me turn it off - very bizarre...
                                ]
                                "What are you watching, dear?"
                                "I've Gotta Horse from 1965. It's a fast-moving comedy with Billy Fury, who plays himself in the film. The story reveals his great love of animals, and it features his own racehorse, Anselmo! Why are you looking at me like that? I've hardly watched any dodgy old films this week. Oh, all right then..."



                                Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X