Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SirSlim View Post



    I watched the start of "I've gotta horse" with Billy Fury in it a while back - until my wife made me turn it off - very bizarre...
    I did watch 'I've Gotta Horse'. I couldn't stop thinking it should be 'I've Got A Horse' as 'Gotta' is got to, and not got a, which suggests you need to do something called 'horsing'. 'I'm just off to Horse my car', or 'I promised Joe I'd horse his fence after tea'. The song 'I Gotta Horse' was terribly catchy, and the best thing about the film. The rest was terrible. He sang a song called 'I Like Animals Better Than Human Beings' and by all accounts he did.

    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

    Comment


    • Billy Fury isn't the only one

      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

        I did watch 'I've Gotta Horse'. I couldn't stop thinking it should be 'I've Got A Horse' as 'Gotta' is got to, and not got a, which suggests you need to do something called 'horsing'. 'I'm just off to Horse my car', or 'I promised Joe I'd horse his fence after tea'. The song 'I Gotta Horse' was terribly catchy, and the best thing about the film. The rest was terrible. He sang a song called 'I Like Animals Better Than Human Beings' and by all accounts he did.
        Did you notice Billy's horse and dogs were named in the closing credits.
        eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

        Comment


        • 'Big Breadwinner Hog' which I enjoyed tremendously. Good to see Peter Egan in a serious role. You have to make allowances for when it was made- when they look out of a window at the scenery they are quite clearly just looking at a board with a very basic outline of trees on it- but I reckon it must have been pretty hard hitting at the time. There were numerous complaints about the scene in which Hog throws acid in Spicer's face in the first episode (sounds pretty contemporary all of a sudden) so much so that an apology had to be broadcast before episode 2. And there's some pretty fruity language like when Hog asks his friend about his particularly ditzy girlfriend, "Have you had her yet"? and when his friend replies that he has Hog asks,"Wasn't once enough". I could imagine late 60s TV viewers thinking 'Disgusting'! There's a big booklet with the 3 DVD set giving exhaustive details about each episode. I thought Donald Burton, as Ackerman, was overdoing it a bit but I'd got used to him about half way through. Hog's rise from someone pinching brass weights from a market stall to becoming the head of the London Crime scene, involving his long hair, and fancy clothes being ditched for short hair and smart suits, had me hooked and I thought Peter Egan had just the right amount of 'I've got all this under control, or have I' to keep me guessing how it would end up.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	Big-Breadwinner-hog.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	1046718
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

          Comment


          • The Terror - trying to finish it, stuck at E06. Great if you're into horror.

            Comment


            • Public Eye staring Alfred Burke as Frank Marker as a down at heel enquiry agent. This is showing on Talking Pictures. The show ran from 1965 to 1975 but owing to lost episodes Talking Pictures are showing the series from 1969. A highly rated show I remember from the late 1960s. Worth a look. Also I will be watching the sci fi film The Day The Earth Caught Fire showing on Talking Pictures this Saturday at 19.00. Watch out for a young Michael Caine playing a bit part.
              eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

              Comment


              • Last thing I watched that had me absolutely gripped is the first 3 seasons of 'The Expanse'. If you can make it through a lot of scene setting, character building, story line establishing in the first season it is well worth the effort, just superb. I'm really glad Amazon have saved it as my wife who is reading the books says they haven't even scratched the surface of what the overall story arc is. If your'e into sci-fi it's a must see.
                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                  'Big Breadwinner Hog' which I enjoyed tremendously. Good to see Peter Egan in a serious role. You have to make allowances for when it was made- when they look out of a window at the scenery they are quite clearly just looking at a board with a very basic outline of trees on it- but I reckon it must have been pretty hard hitting at the time. There were numerous complaints about the scene in which Hog throws acid in Spicer's face in the first episode (sounds pretty contemporary all of a sudden) so much so that an apology had to be broadcast before episode 2. And there's some pretty fruity language like when Hog asks his friend about his particularly ditzy girlfriend, "Have you had her yet"? and when his friend replies that he has Hog asks,"Wasn't once enough". I could imagine late 60s TV viewers thinking 'Disgusting'! There's a big booklet with the 3 DVD set giving exhaustive details about each episode. I thought Donald Burton, as Ackerman, was overdoing it a bit but I'd got used to him about half way through. Hog's rise from someone pinching brass weights from a market stall to becoming the head of the London Crime scene, involving his long hair, and fancy clothes being ditched for short hair and smart suits, had me hooked and I thought Peter Egan had just the right amount of 'I've got all this under control, or have I' to keep me guessing how it would end up.

                  Click image for larger version Name:	Big-Breadwinner-hog.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	1046718
                  Thanks for alerting me to this SK - never heard of it!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                    Public Eye staring Alfred Burke as Frank Marker as a down at heel enquiry agent. This is showing on Talking Pictures. The show ran from 1965 to 1975 but owing to lost episodes Talking Pictures are showing the series from 1969. A highly rated show I remember from the late 1960s. Worth a look. Also I will be watching the sci fi film The Day The Earth Caught Fire showing on Talking Pictures this Saturday at 19.00. Watch out for a young Michael Caine playing a bit part.
                    Am looking forward to revisiting "Private Eye" - and "the day the earth caught fire" is a favourite round these parts, not seen for an age though.

                    Comment


                    • A Simple Favour

                      I really enjoyed this recent black comedy. It's not perfect - could be darker, and the ending's a bit daft, but Kendrick and Lively are excellent, and it's got Linda Cardellini in it, too.

                      Also, plenty of French 60s pop from Serge, Francois, Jacques D, France Gall etc.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                      Comment


                      • Watched the excellent B-Movie/Noir "Blast of Silence" recently - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054687/

                        For Jazz heads - some scenes are shot inside the Village Gate night club featuring "beatnik" singer and conga


                        The full movie seems to be on youtube:

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X