No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been watching the re-runs of Public Eye - have very vague recollections of it being on the box when I was a young 'un - but I had completely forgotten how great the theme is - proper Brit Jazz - anyone know if this version of the theme ever came out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

You've got the soundtrack LP I presume.
      Yes, I absolutely love it. That's why I was so overjoyed that it was on TV.

Is there any other Kenny Graham music like this?
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• No, I don't think there is. Soundtracks are a whole different kettle of fish as a rule, aren't they. You probably also have the Moondog and Suncat suites which are not the same but are also very atmospheric with a bit of an Exotica feel about them.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          I've been watching the re-runs of Public Eye - have very vague recollections of it being on the box when I was a young 'un - but I had completely forgotten how great the theme is - proper Brit Jazz - anyone know if this version of the theme ever came out?

On this, fairly recent, 10" https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Earle...elease/8215289

Comment

• HALLOWEEN

Fun to revisit the universe, but not that imaginative, suspenseful or scary. Severeal 'meh' moments, but an engaging family story, tough action and clever twist at the end. But why did Laurie's fortress have an easy breakable glass door??!! Much prefer director David Gordon Green's intense drama JOE.

3 out of 5 pumpkins.

Comment

No, I don't think there is. Soundtracks are a whole different kettle of fish as a rule, aren't they. You probably also have the Moondog and Suncat suites which are not the same but are also very atmospheric with a bit of an Exotica feel about them.
              Actually I don't. Trunk released those as well, didn't he?

The only other music that comes to mind is the rather excellent The Johnny Scott Quintet- Fragment 7" on Moscovitch. What a fucking beauty.

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Actually I don't. Trunk released those as well, didn't he?

The only other music that comes to mind is the rather excellent The Johnny Scott Quintet- Fragment 7" on Moscovitch. What a fucking beauty.
                He did indeed; you should pick one up.

There's the Chico Hamilton Quintet LP of course.

and Johnny Scott again

Comment

Thanks SK - do you have that 10"? How long does the track last (Discogs has no timings). Surely there must also have been some cover versions done along the way but I can't find any of them either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

Thanks SK - do you have that 10"? How long does the track last (Discogs has no timings). Surely there must also have been some cover versions done along the way but I can't find any of them either.
                    I don't have it but it is 2.06 long apparently. You can get it from Network.

Comment

• Just watched this documentary about a music festival that failed spectacularly.

Fyre: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81035279

the music wasn't that important, but still interesting/horrifying

Comment

Working...
                      X