No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Forget The Driver shows promise. Brought The Detectorists to mind. There is Toby Jones of course , there is also a gentleness to it , and it's different.
    Soundtrack is interesting too. Episode 1 started out with The Pentangle, and I wasn't expecting Mulatu Astatke at the end.

Comment

• saw a BBC 4 programme last night about Skiffle : https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...e-britain-rock

interesting stuff about the Ken Colyer and the Chris Barber band etc

Comment

• Have been enjoying watching these again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...5/tutti-frutti

Comment

• Not really in the same league as "Don't Forget the Driver", but "Ghosts" with the Horrible Histories lot was good fun

Comment

• I liked 'Ghosts' too. Simon Farnaby is always good. I like 'Don't Forget The Driver'; quite a bit of it looks like photographs by Martin Parr.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• just watched the first episode of "Back To Life" and it looks really good, pretty dark... Written and starring Daisy Haggard who played the mother in Uncle

Comment

• Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                just watched the first episode of "Back To Life" and it looks really good, pretty dark... Written and starring Daisy Haggard who played the mother in Uncle
                Yes, a nice bit of light and shade. MInd you when I see things like this I wonder if I'm living a very sheltered life. Does everybody really swear all the time these days? That's how it seems on telly. Admittedly I hardly ever get out and I never meet anyone, so maybe they do.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                X