No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very much enjoyed watching the 1968 film "Hammerhead" for the first time last night - after having had the excellent soundtrack (by David Whittaker) for over 10 years now.

Featuring Diana Dors and a host of supporting brit actors seemingly drawn from 60s/70s sit-coms (Father Dear Father, It Ain't Half Hot Mum) it's a fun but odd watch.

The 3 best sequences feature an "art" happening at the Roundhouse, the character "Ivory" dancing round her yacht cabin to an impossibly groovy track on her reel to reel... (sadly this piece is not on the OST Lp) and Judy Geeson miming the Madeline Bell sung title theme...

This trailer gives the flavour:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063041...tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

Comment

• "The swinging Portuguese coast; where the action is" That's going on my list of things I must see, at any cost.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Watched this recently - had no idea the Johnny Harris track "belonged" to this film

Fragment of Fear:

Comment

• JOKER

Film of the year for me. Almost it's own hybrid of character study, social commentary and art film. Exactly what I look for nowadays. Even the nods to Taxi driver, French connection, Network, Dog day afternoon and Nolan's Joker were subtle and suggestive and not the usual cute easter eggs. More please!

Click image for larger version

Name:	joker-script.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1051738

Comment

Working...
          X