No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Pictures TV is great - saw a clip of them on the news, is just an old man and his daughter running it from their home (after failing to get to other channels interested in showing the content). I hope it's a success, there's a huge gap in the market when it's the same stuff being endless repeated on other channels.

Have seen or recorded loads of good stuff already - Tony Hancock's "The Rebel", Saul Bass's "Phase IV" (although to see the original ending you still need youtube), random bits of archive film (e.g. someone's holiday film from 1938), some Hammer films

"Fear Is the Key" was on the other week, with the great Roy Budd soundtrack (all very exciting, except the plot doesn't really make sense when you think about it)

Comment

• Looking forward to Spitting Image immensely. Me & the Mrs pissed our pants when we saw Bojo & Trumper ...
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by bongolia View Post
        Talking Pictures TV is great - saw a clip of them on the news, is just an old man and his daughter running it from their home (after failing to get to other channels interested in showing the content). I hope it's a success, there's a huge gap in the market when it's the same stuff being endless repeated on other channels.

Have seen or recorded loads of good stuff already - Tony Hancock's "The Rebel", Saul Bass's "Phase IV" (although to see the original ending you still need youtube), random bits of archive film (e.g. someone's holiday film from 1938), some Hammer films

"Fear Is the Key" was on the other week, with the great Roy Budd soundtrack (all very exciting, except the plot doesn't really make sense when you think about it)
        Here's a few films I'd never seen before that have been on TalkingPicturesTV this year that I recommend to the house:

where has poor old mickey gone (1964)

girl with green eyes (1964)

tiger in the smoke (1956)

this is my street (1964)

Comment

• Talking Pix TV probably my fave digital channel as well. A fascinating time capsule, and as is their remit, they show the stuff others don't. Usually a few good things crop up each week, and the public information films / old series are sometimes interesting, too.

Have caught a few excellent things on there, including The Small World Of Sammy Lee, The Mind Benders, Billy Liar (I think) and Never Let Go, which I've later grabbed on DVD. Latter is cracking and features a superb John Barry score, Adam Faith plus Peter Sellers in a rare straight role as a leering second hand car vending sleazebag - well worth checking out.

Comment

• I've watched the two Steve McQueen 'Small Axe' films on the BBC. Looking forward to the others. The first two have been exceptional, and very satisfying, like TV of old. As this forum is mostly made up of old duffers, not young guns, the milieu will probably be quite familiar.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
              I've watched the two Steve McQueen 'Small Axe' films on the BBC. Looking forward to the others. The first two have been exceptional, and very satisfying, like TV of old. As this forum is mostly made up of old duffers, not young guns, the milieu will probably be quite familiar.
              Old codgers?!

Haven't seen those films you mention but I hope this is the theme tune:

Comment

• Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

Old codgers?!

Haven't seen those films you mention but I hope this is the theme tune:

You haven't seen them? Address that oversight now. You should at least see 'Lovers Rock'- that's bang up your alley.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                  Looking forward to Spitting Image immensely. Me & the Mrs pissed our pants when we saw Bojo & Trumper ...
                  And it didn't disappoint.
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
                  X