No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=son of stan;408803But I'm a sucker for anything about chic-looking 1970s criminals / revolutionary terrorists ..[/QUOTE]

Then surely you know about this one?

Best shooting of a pumpkin in cinema history
    LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
      Then surely you know about this one?

Best shooting of a pumpkin in cinema history
      Oh yeah. I love Edward Fox's clobber in that. (Actually I saw him once and he was dressed pretty much the same way).
      Endless Tripe

Comment

• Originally posted by son of stan View Post
        But I'm a sucker for anything about chic-looking 1970s criminals / revolutionary terrorists ..
        After the Mesrine films, Munich, El Lobo and that long RAF one with the sexy Baader Meinhof chicks, I wonder if my arse muscles could take three cds of Carlos, no matter how cool his shades are.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• A friend of mine's husband was detained more than twice at airports on suspicion of being Carlos the Jackal - interrogated, threatened, the full works. His arse muscles certainly couldn't stand it.

Once it had happened twice I *think* he began to carry round documentation stating he wasn't Carlos the Jackal, although I may be making this up and it doesn't make a lot of sense thinking about it as I suppose some authorities may find that *a little suspicious*.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by babycart View Post
            After the Mesrine films, Munich, El Lobo and that long RAF one with the sexy Baader Meinhof chicks, I wonder if my arse muscles could take three cds of Carlos, no matter how cool his shades are.
            I would recommend you buy a comfortable chair.

It was made for TV, so it's three episodes which you don't have to watch all in one go.

There's also an arse-friendly, edited down, feature film version doing the rounds.

Oh, and the music on the soundtrack is a bit odd - Wire, New Order, etc. Sort of just about somehow works though...

I couldn't hack the "Che" one, though.
            Endless Tripe

Comment

• Originally posted by son of stan View Post
              I couldn't hack the "Che" one, though.
              I saw the first one the other week. It's like a Benicio Del Toffo educational vanity project directed by Soderbergh on mogadon. Even the beards aren't that great, and if you're doing the Cuban revolution, you have to get the beards right.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• They've started showing 'Twin Peaks' on the Horror Channel (319, I think on Sky). I've seen it before, of course, own the videos / dvd's etc but I can never resist sitting down and watching my favourite shows and films on TV in real time. When I thought about it, I probably haven't watched an episode for ten years and watching it now I'm absolutely gripped by it. Superb show.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Spartacus : Blood And Sand. Horrible in every aspect but I can't stop watching.

Comment

• I watched 'Exorcisit 3' (1990) tonight -- and it was actually pretty good. Slow burner with a lot of restraint - - until the last 20 mins when it went mental, of course!

Plus it stars George C Scot, who always looks unimpressed with everything!
                    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about Kevin Smith's recent work. Being an 80s baby I kinda enjoyed the re-working of the Beverly Hills Cop final shoot-out but aside from that this movie stunk!
                      LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post

I have mixed feelings about Kevin Smith's recent work. Being an 80s baby I kinda enjoyed the re-working of the Beverly Hills Cop final shoot-out but aside from that this movie stunk!
                        Both those movie stink - You've had a terrible night!

I didn't mind Smith's early stuff as a teenager - - but i can't stand it now. Boring, purile humour and utterly thoughtless direction. What's to like?
                        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Pretty decent

Not so great
                          LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• Found a boxset of this in the charity the other day:

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tv/id/534642/

This is the BBC's mid 70s tv series "Gangsters" which I vividly remember from the time (when I enjoyed, but couldn't make head or tail of, it).

Really enjoying it so far. Not got to the "surreal" second series yet.

Recommended if you are into that sleazy 70s Brit crime sub-genre (and who ain't?)
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

• Stewart Lee last night at the Leicester Square theatre. He makes all other stand up comedians totally irrelevant/redundant. He's a master craftsmen.

I'll stop gushing now.

Any other fans here capable of verbalizing a little better than me?
                              http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
                                Stewart Lee last night at the Leicester Square theatre. He makes all other stand up comedians totally irrelevant/redundant. He's a master craftsmen.

I'll stop gushing now.

Any other fans here capable of verbalizing a little better than me?
                                Saw him here in Newcastle, excellent as usual, can also recommend his recent book, and he also has good musical taste, put me on to the likes of Sin Ropas and Bo Ningen, and he is a massive Giant Sand and Fall fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X