No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish TV showed Brazil again yesterday. Still a fantastic movie. Doesn't feel dated at all despite relying heavily on special effects from a time before there was no computer animations.

And not only the looks - why do social commentarys almost always feel so fresh even if they're 20-30 years old? Are we really going nowhere, learning nothing? Think about the plastic surgery sub-plot of the movie for example - kinda predicts almost where we are today doesn't it?

And I've always loved how Robert De Niro is starred in a really wacky role in it...

I've never been much for those sugarsweet x-mas movies so this is probably my fave even though x-mas itself isn't really that important to the plot.

I guess everyone here has seen it, but if there's some younger soul on here who missed out - go get it. It's 1984 style totalitarian scifi drama gone absurdist humour and surrealism in the finest sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wh2b1eZFUM
    Last edited by Brainbomb; 27-11-2010, 01:15 PM.
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Oh and here is De Niro as some kinda Super-Plumber:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFuySgwQ30

Comment

• Originally posted by kestrel blazer View Post
        Saw him here in Newcastle, excellent as usual, can also recommend his recent book, and he also has good musical taste, put me on to the likes of Sin Ropas and Bo Ningen, and he is a massive Giant Sand and Fall fan.
        I want to read his new book but isn't it just lots of his performances in written form? Puts me off a little bit though I gather the footnotes are epic.

Any comedian that frequently opens and closes his set to Guided by Voices is okay be me. It's purely chance he's the best comedian ever!
        http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

• I might go see both the new Woody Allen movie, Skyline and The Other Guys.
          LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
            I want to read his new book but isn't it just lots of his performances in written form? Puts me off a little bit though I gather the footnotes are epic.

Any comedian that frequently opens and closes his set to Guided by Voices is okay be me. It's purely chance he's the best comedian ever!
            The book is excellent, contains three shows, the footnotes are the ideas behind the content, more often than not the footnotes are half a page or more. There is loads more though over the 370 odd pages (stuff he has written for magazines, 40 pages on influences and what he has done so far etc). I had to read it twice, only cost about £8.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9sYJaHQyc

Comment

• Roadracers

Just watched this again for the first time in ages, I'm by no means a 50's/rockabilly type but I love this film.

Robert Rodriguez made for TV movie
                best thing Arquette's been in.
                Kenny Powers' brother as his idiot mate.
                SALMA HAYEK...
                William Sadler's sausage roll speech.
                70's motown 45s used as decoration in the club.
                preposterous/awesome roller skating bit.
                Hasil Adkins, Link Wray & Charlie Feathers on the soundtrack.
                Weighting the needle on the record player in his car with Hayek's chewing gum & heart pendant.
                Hair on fire.
                Rock & Roll sellout riot..

I recommend it to anyone...

now watching Encounters Of A Spooky Kind to keep us going till Night of The Demon come on BBC2 in a bit

Comment

• Plymouth Clubs

Mind boggling.
                  SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                    Plymouth Clubs

Mind boggling.
                    Check 0.23 secs for the DJ. Now that's how to dress for a night on the decks.
                    "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                      Plymouth Clubs

Mind boggling.
                      Wow!

Comment

• Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights. The format is a bit confused and the sketches were a bit hit and miss but jesus, how does he get away with it?

Comment

• Bugger. Was that on last night..? Was meaning to catch the first one, see how far he pushes it...
                          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                            Bugger. Was that on last night..? Was meaning to catch the first one, see how far he pushes it...
                            Pretty far. 4 On Demand?

Comment

• I'll be on it later...
                              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Watched this last night:

I remember seeign the trailer whne it came out a few years ago and thought'that looks fun, but it's probably crap' and ignored it.

It is awesome! Best new sci-fi/ horror film i've seen for yonks... Simple idea, but really well directed (Frank Darabont).
                                I had literally no idea how the plot was going to wrap itself up, and then the ending is (I won't give anything away here)

I was properly gripped. Got well into it, plus there's a decent amount of SFX, blood, scares for those into that.
                                Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Working...
                                X