Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched some of this last night

Wizards

Its absurdly stupid, there's even a fairy who looks like a stripper.
    MOSTLY MELLOW

Comment

• Originally posted by captainwilloughby View Post
      Watched some of this last night

Wizards

Its absurdly stupid, there's even a fairy who looks like a stripper.
      yeah, it's megga isn't it. Caught it in the cinema tent at Greenman this year. the battle scene at the end with all the old war footage superimposed over the top is bonkers!!
      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
        yeah, it's megga isn't it. Caught it in the cinema tent at Greenman this year. the battle scene at the end with all the old war footage superimposed over the top is bonkers!!
        It looks great I think I prefer the Lord of the Rings animation though, the story with this one is pretty cobbled together. They must have had some good thai sticks knocking about the studios in them days.
        MOSTLY MELLOW

Comment

Watched this last night:

I remember seeign the trailer whne it came out a few years ago and thought'that looks fun, but it's probably crap' and ignored it.

It is awesome! Best new sci-fi/ horror film i've seen for yonks... Simple idea, but really well directed (Frank Darabont).
          I had literally no idea how the plot was going to wrap itself up, and then the ending is (I won't give anything away here)

I was properly gripped. Got well into it, plus there's a decent amount of SFX, blood, scares for those into that.
          I thought it was a bit crap! My friend sold it to me with a similar enthusiasm as you but it did nothing for me. The end is particularly poor! Oh well. So no you can't have that in the film zine!*

*Unless you really want to! Be fun to draw!
          http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
            Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights. The format is a bit confused and the sketches were a bit hit and miss but jesus, how does he get away with it?
            I watched ten minutes and thought it was shite. But then I think he's crap anyway - poor man's Jerry Sadowitz without the funny bits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
              I thought it was a bit crap! My friend sold it to me with a similar enthusiasm as you but it did nothing for me. The end is particularly poor! Oh well. So no you can't have that in the film zine!*

*Unless you really want to! Be fun to draw!
              really? Maybe it was because i went in with low expectations - -but we had great fun watching it. All rolling around on the sofa going "noooooo!" for the last 10 minutes. Haven't done that in front of a DVD for a while.

I think my phobia of insects (and especially spiders) explains most of my fast hear-rate while watching the second half.
              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I think my phobia of insects (and especially spiders) explains most of my fast hear-rate while watching the second half.
                That'd do it!

I tend to prefer not to see monsters too much in horror films - the more you see the hokier it looks - too much cgi kills it for me too. I think I'm just a grumpy curmudgeon this morning. Move along - nothing to see here!

Comment

• The bloke in the Guardian said Kick Ass was one of the top 10 films of the year yesterday, so I got it out last night.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by babycart View Post
                    The bloke in the Guardian said Kick Ass was one of the top 10 films of the year yesterday, so I got it out last night.

He could actually have been telling the truth though, that's the sad thing - can't remember the last time I was interested in going to the cinema.

Actually it was Resident Evil 3D but that's more like an Alton Towers visit
                    MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

The bloke in the Guardian said Kick Ass was one of the top 10 films of the year yesterday, so I got it out last night.

When will we learn? Everyone at The Guardian is wrong about everything.
                      SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by ashra View Post
                        He could actually have been telling the truth though, that's the sad thing - can't remember the last time I was interested in going to the cinema.

Actually it was Resident Evil 3D but that's more like an Alton Towers visit
                        Last time I went was my first 3D film (it's finally arrived here!)

It was some kids thing about good owls fighting Nazi owls. The owls were surprisingly accomplished metalworkers. and you could reach out and almost touch their wings when they flew ("Stop it dad! You look like an idiot")
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I rather liked it although it's been hyped beyond all recognition. But then I liked Shaun of the Dead as well and struggle to see why anyone that isn't some kind of deeply miserable curmudgeon wouldn't. As such you and I are obviously gonna have to have some kind of fight after school.

Comment

I rather liked it although it's been hyped beyond all recognition. But then I liked Shaun of the Dead as well and struggle to see why anyone that isn't some kind of deeply miserable curmudgeon wouldn't. As such you and I are obviously gonna have to have some kind of fight after school.
                            Just don't rub my ears. I hate that
                            I liked the Red Mist bloke. He looked great, But it's just a superhero pic dressed up as not being one, and it 's not that funny either.
                            SOTD was too smug and a bit dull and I don't really remeber any more of it, and when I tell people my name now they go "Haha shaun of the Dead haha' instead of "Hahah Sean the sheep hahah"
                            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Just don't rub my ears. I hate that
                              I liked the Red Mist bloke. He looked great, But it's just a superhero pic dressed up as not being one, and it 's not that funny either.
                              SOTD was too smug and a bit dull and I don't really remeber any more of it, and when I tell people my name now they go "Haha shaun of the Dead haha' instead of "Hahah Sean the sheep hahah"
                              Right your ears are gonna get a right rubbing ha ha Sean Hughes, ha ha Shaun Ryder, ha ha Sean Lock, ha ha Sean Bean, ha ha Sean Connery, ha ha Sean Parker, ha ha Sean Penn, ha ha Sean Paul, ha ha Sean Pertwee, ha ha Shorne Wood Country Park, ha ha Sean-off shotgun, ha ha etc.

Comment

Right your ears are gonna get a right rubbing ha ha Sean Hughes, ha ha Shaun Ryder, ha ha Sean Lock, ha ha Sean Bean, ha ha Sean Connery, ha ha Sean Parker, ha ha Sean Penn, ha ha Sean Paul, ha ha Sean Pertwee, ha ha Shorne Wood Country Park, ha ha Sean-off shotgun, ha ha etc.
                                grrrrrrrr im gonna pull your parka over your head and push you over
                                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X