Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim was a bastard.

He never fixed it for me to meet Liam Brady.

I've not forgotten.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• He never fixed it for me to meet Liam Brady.
      why do you think I picked something so naff?
      I would have LOVED to meet Keegan & co as I was/am a huge LFC fan
      and despite my innocent look was really into the early Punk scene,
      but I knew when I wrote in aged 12 that I would have to try asking
      for something easy, imagine then the HORROR of finding out my request
      was accepted 2 years later! It was hell I tells ya, sheer hell!
      I was tortured for years with the refrain "can I pull his tail?"
      kids can be so cruel y'know...
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• OK ... I'll do my usual and drag this thread to the mainstream.

Set the SkyBox to record 'Up In The Air.' I thought it was that computer-animated movie 'Up' with the old bloke and the balloons.

Turns out it was a George Clooney comedy/ drama about a bloke who travels around to fire people.

Imagine my surprise when I thoroughly enjoyed it.
        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
          OK ... I'll do my usual and drag this thread to the mainstream.

Set the SkyBox to record 'Up In The Air.' I thought it was that computer-animated movie 'Up' with the old bloke and the balloons.

Turns out it was a George Clooney comedy/ drama about a bloke who travels around to fire people.

Imagine my surprise when I thoroughly enjoyed it.
          Cracking film.

Watched that on a plane to or from somewhere or other earlier in the year.

Resists all the obvious rom-com cliches and actually manages to make George Clooney - a man who's hired by firms to fire people they're too chicken to fire themselves - seem honourable and principled.
          To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• Tried to re-watch a little of the new Star Wars episodes on tv but had to give up about 10 mins in. What slick crap. Hope George is enjoying his millions.
            LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• Originally posted by jakartajive View Post

He never fixed it for me to meet Liam Brady.

I've not forgotten.
              That's my mates dad. I've never met him either...
              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Black Swan. Good lead performance and direction but I still prefer Repulsion.

Comment

• Watched The Parallax View with Warren Beatty tonight.

Absolutely intriguing film (story-wise) and superb cinematography.

The long shots of the actors against 70's architecture heightens the dislocated feel of the whole thing.

Not overly arty though (I hate that).

Thoroughly enjoyable hour and a half.
                  <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

• Originally posted by mp3000 View Post
                    Black Swan. Good lead performance and direction but I still prefer Repulsion.
                    I fancy this one.

Saw 'The Way Back' tonight for my Christmas cinema trip. What a terrible film. First they are in a snowy bit, then a desert, then a snowy bit again. Then they are freeeeee!

I noticed, however, that the Showroom in Sheffield are showing Countess Dracula on Tuesday Jan 25th. If any Sheffield vultures would like a drink in the bar afterwards then let me know.

http://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/countessdracula
                    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
                      Watched The Parallax View with Warren Beatty tonight.

Absolutely intriguing film (story-wise) and superb cinematography.

The long shots of the actors against 70's architecture heightens the dislocated feel of the whole thing.

Not overly arty though (I hate that).

Thoroughly enjoyable hour and a half.
                      One of my favourite films of all time. Beatty is great and there is a coldness throughout the film that I find intriguing.

Comment

One of my favourite films of all time. Beatty is great and there is a coldness throughout the film that I find intriguing.
                        i love these paranoid 70's thrillers.

Watched "The Conversation" again the other night - - what an amazing film!!
                        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                          i love these paranoid 70's thrillers.

Watched "The Conversation" again the other night - - what an amazing film!!
                          I really need to rewatch that, its been a long time. One a Hackman-related note, I watched The Hunting Party the other day. Apparently Hackman himself has disowned it. It's a decent piece of 70s revisionist western with Hackman killing off the members of a gang who have kidnapped his wife Candice Bergen with a high-precision rifle while remaining unseen(seems like a Vietnam reference). The gang is led by Oliver Reed and includes L.Q. Jones so the film is worth it just for the cast. There is a scene where Reed is trying to feed Bergen a can of peaches that I consider one of the worst and most dated scenes of the 70s.

Comment

I really need to rewatch that, its been a long time. One a Hackman-related note, I watched The Hunting Party the other day. Apparently Hackman himself has disowned it. It's a decent piece of 70s revisionist western with Hackman killing off the members of a gang who have kidnapped his wife Candice Bergen with a high-precision rifle while remaining unseen(seems like a Vietnam reference). The gang is led by Oliver Reed and includes L.Q. Jones so the film is worth it just for the cast. There is a scene where Reed is trying to feed Bergen a can of peaches that I consider one of the worst and most dated scenes of the 70s.
                            Conversation is brilliant, my fave Hackman film along w/ Night Moves & Scarecrow..funny that you should mention The Hunting Party - I started to watch it last night but couldn't make it through the thing - and gotta agree on the peaches scene, embarrassing to say the least...
                            The aural history of the sex life of a cosmic corn popper

Comment

• Che part 1 and part 2, thoroughly enjoyed them.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue burt View Post
                                Conversation is brilliant, my fave Hackman film along w/ Night Moves & Scarecrow..funny that you should mention The Hunting Party - I started to watch it last night but couldn't make it through the thing - and gotta agree on the peaches scene, embarrassing to say the least...
                                For some reason I've never watched Scarecrow. It's Conversation and French Connection 2 for me, but the guy was the king of 70s cinema for me, everything he did at the time has some value. You should try to watch the Hunting Party till the end, the actual ending is interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X