No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about this Amer thing? It's getting bad reviews but I still wanna see it.

I started watching Beware of a Holy Whore yesterday but the laptop ran out of power and we couldn't find the cable. Shame 'cause from the first half hour it was great.

Comment

• Amer trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaEKIgHr1_0

Comment

• In short the movies at best are as intriguing, confusing at the same time as ridiculous as some of the titles:
        Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key (Sergio Martino, 1972, A.K.A. Eye of the Black Cat)
        The Iguana with the Tongue of Fire (Riccardo Freda, 1971)
        Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye (Antonio Margheriti, 1973)
        Death Carries a Cane (Maurizio Pradeux, 1973)

to highlight a few examples
        "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
          It looks like an hommage to the giallo: several elements common in giallos are there: killer with black gloves and razorblade, the music (which is of course Morricone I believe culled from some old giallo), a few arty shots, weird light etc.

Not that much into such hommage movies - they seldom reach the heights of what was made back in the days and look more like a poor copy, but I don't know.

Comment

• Yeah, it's an homage and I suspect you're right but I think I'll watch it all the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post

Awesomez.
              I know. I'm midway through Series 3 boxset at present and, despite having watched it pretty much all the way through when it was on TV, am just dumbstruck by how audacious and brave the whole series is.

Incredible.
              To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• don't think they were mentioned on here yet - Dave Brubeck and Sister Rosetta Tharpe documentaries on BBC4 were both excellent...

Comment

• 'Antiques Roadtrip'. Anyone else obsessed with this tea time relaxant?
                  SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Watching Rutland Weekend Television at the moment, Eric Idle's sketch show just after Python 75-76 (sorry if you knew that already and you probably did). Its a boot of course as Eric wont put out due to his ex-wife. Shame as theres some great sketches like the Old Grey Whistle Test and some fun Neil Innes songs.

Theres a lot on youtube. Nice. Check out the psych sounds of Toad the Wet Sprocket!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_kv2aqVTyA
                    http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                      Brilliant innit? If you are enjoying Series 2... just wait for series 3!! Crazy!
                      Series 3 is currently on Five USA, watched it last night. Like The Wire, Breaking Bad has been pushed all over the place schedule wise, both previous series have been excellent. I guess it will be a DVD hit, and the Sunday Papers will have 'step-by-step guides to building your own drug lab in these recession hit times.'

Comment

• I'm gonna watch that UK series where Ricky Gervais sends a very grumpy man around the world. The pre-show teaser was on yesterday and incredibly fun. Bit hard too believe he's a real person but great comedy.

(he isn't a real person, is he?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                          I'm gonna watch that UK series where Ricky Gervais sends a very grumpy man around the world. The pre-show teaser was on yesterday and incredibly fun. Bit hard too believe he's a real person but great comedy.

(he isn't a real person, is he?)
                          Pilkington - great series - well worth watching !!
                          Is he real ?
                          Dunno - i hope so
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                            Pilkington - great series - well worth watching !!
                            Is he real ?
                            Dunno - i hope so
                            Yeah Pilkington that's him. Idiot Abroad I think it's called.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                              Yeah Pilkington that's him. Idiot Abroad I think it's called.
                              It is a really good series, Karl Pilkington is excellent, tells it like it is and cracks you up. I think he was a producer or something in radio at XFM? Gervais and Merchant got on well with him and have made stuff ever since. There is a really great animation series based on the podcasts they did, it's been on TV here so you may get it over there.

Comment

• Watched 28 Weeks Later late last nite. Boy, that surely wasn't as clever as 28 Days Later, more like straight hyper splatter...
                                LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Working...
                                X